Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween Party Ideas Needed!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi ladies. DD and DS are having a halloween party tomorrow night with their friends. There will be about 50 kids here. We are trying to come up with some ideas of what we can do for activities. So far this is their list:

- worm bobbing

- balloon shaving (dd, ds, and dd's best friend are trying this one out in the garage now)

- bon fire and ghost stories around the fire

thats about it.  Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Valerie                                  

Mom to Taylor (11.28.93) and Amara (4.18.95)

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Do one of those games where you put different objects/foods in boxes, and have people stick their hands inside to guess what they are touching.

Kairi is 3!      

ajswenson
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:08 PM

So they are teenagers??? You are brave! lol  No idea but here's a bump in case I think of something I can find you.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM

http://www.partygameideas.com/halloween-games/  This site has some neat games.

MalreeRose1208
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:14 PM

this is a good one!

angel hair pasta, skinned grapes...yummy!

Quoting KairisMama:

Do one of those games where you put different objects/foods in boxes, and have people stick their hands inside to guess what they are touching.

momof21993
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Oh believe me I've heard that for months. I'm a pretty brave person. I mean they are teenagers. They can do everything themselves (well except the bonfire part) and hubby and I plus my sister and her husband will be here and dd's brother and sister in law will be here. So thats 6 adults atleast. There will probably be more but thats 6 we know for sure. It won't be that bad. All the kids that are invited are good kids so thats not a problem.

Quoting ajswenson:

So they are teenagers??? You are brave! lol  No idea but here's a bump in case I think of something I can find you.

Valerie                                  

Phoenix_sp
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Tie powdered donuts to string and hang from the ceiling.  They have to eat them without using their hands (harder than it sounds).  First one finished wins.

Sarah  & DH  DS 11-06 & DD#1 05-08 & EDD DD#2 02-10

Attachment Parenting, Breastfeeding, Extended Rearfacing (future Extended Harnessing), CoSleeping, Baby/Toddler Wearing, ClothDiapering, nonCry-It-Out, HomeBirthing, NonCircing, Selective/Delayed Vaxing, Do whats best for you kind of Mama.

Brain Cancer - Child Abuse - MS  - Genital Integrity - Cervical Cancer - Breast Cancer

leavensmt
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM

First of all, I still haven't figured out this dd and ds thing, what is it?  Second, worm bobbing, eww, I hope it's not real worms.  Anyways,  I was wanting ideas too so I googled halloween party ideas and there were a lot of helpful websites with great game lists.  My favorite games that I picked was the "candy corn relay" and "ghost waiter".  In candy corn relay you have a bowl of candy corn at one end and you scoop up the candy with spoons and drop them into a bowl or something at the other end.  Pretty simple.  In ghost waiter it is also a relay, the people have to balance a balloon on a paper plate across the room, or "track".  I liked that one cause I already have paper plates and I have balloons leftover from birthdays.

momof21993
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM

dd- darling daughter ds- darling son. and no its not with real worms. Its a big bowl of gummy worms covered in whipped cream and then you have to get as many worms out of the bowl and onto a plate in 60 seconds but you can't use your hands.

Quoting leavensmt:

First of all, I still haven't figured out this dd and ds thing, what is it?  Second, worm bobbing, eww, I hope it's not real worms.  Anyways,  I was wanting ideas too so I googled halloween party ideas and there were a lot of helpful websites with great game lists.  My favorite games that I picked was the "candy corn relay" and "ghost waiter".  In candy corn relay you have a bowl of candy corn at one end and you scoop up the candy with spoons and drop them into a bowl or something at the other end.  Pretty simple.  In ghost waiter it is also a relay, the people have to balance a balloon on a paper plate across the room, or "track".  I liked that one cause I already have paper plates and I have balloons leftover from birthdays.

Valerie                                  

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)