Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do they have like music/singing/drums/dancing or something sorta classes for preschoolers?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

I know that preschoolers have their choice of preschool, hockey, ice skating, little gyms (gymnastics), karate/tae kwon do and stuff (sporty stuff)...

but what's out there for say a musical kid who likes to dance and sing??? Ideas?

Tips, ideas, shopping, health, moms, Gluten-free, quick recipes, frugal living, reviews, weight loss efforts, funny stuff and more! bablondie.blogspot.com

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
FooLynRoo
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:09 PM

I do know of a few dance places that do have toddler classes.

I dont know about instruments.

ksmama88
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:09 PM

do you have a Gymboree near you ? they have a music class!

leavensmt
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Is there a ymca near you because they usually have dance classes for as young as three.  I'm pretty sure most dance schools start at three also.

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Gymboree does music class and most dance schools start kids around 3 

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

devasmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:11 PM

The dance school I went to, and my cousins kids go to now takes kids as young as a year old. The only requirement is that the child is potty trained. The classes include, Tap, Jazz, Gymnastics, Hip-Hop and Color Guard. As far as voice lessons, they have those at our local community center, but they start at age 5. The elementary school my kids went to has band beginning in 4th grade. The kids that are in band usually go right into the Band class at the middle school, in 7th grade. My DD did band, she plays the bass guitar, trumpet, drums and electric keyboard. She is in HS now and opted out of Marching band =(.

of 6of 3 beautiful girls

momgirlsx2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Try your local YMCA or Library - both of our's have classes for this. 

Proud mom of 2 girls.
bablondie
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Oh yea, we just quit recently b/c we had to pick preschool or the Y, my son is sad. But we can't afford both.

Quoting leavensmt:

Is there a ymca near you because they usually have dance classes for as young as three.  I'm pretty sure most dance schools start at three also.

bablondie
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM

That sounds fun, but I always thought they might be expensive. I can't find any prices online, do you know how much a class for like 3 months would be or something?

Quoting Ziggy-Stardust:

Gymboree does music class and most dance schools start kids around 3 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)