Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

H1N1 Vaccine....aaahhhh!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM
  • 65 Replies

I am SO confussed about this vaccine!  of course none of us want our kids getting this strain of the flu let alone the regular flu, I'm hearing negative stuff as well as possitive stuff about it and I don't know what to believe, I talked to my kids pediatrition and he said that he will get the vaccine first (before any of his patients) to see how he reacts to it then he is going to talk to other doctors to see how their patients reacted to it.      That makes me feel safe but also kind of worried.     What do you think about it? are you getting your kids vaccinated?  I have 3 kids    4years old, 2 years old and 6 months old

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briansmommy7143
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I feel the exact same way you do. My pediatrician recommends it, but then there are pediatricians that don't.... I guess doctors are just like us. They all have their own opinions. I have a 2 yr. old and 6 month old too AND I work in a hospital so I'm terrified of taking something home to them.

Saveyourtatas.gif picture by kellyw9608

bxbsmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I've been thinking about this as well.  My son is also two.

imthatgirl728
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I got it and all 3 of my kids as well(9,5 and 4). We got it 2 weeks ago tomorrow...no side effects.

Personally I have yet to meet a real person*not a CM profile pic* that has a pediatrician who isn't recommending it.

AMarineLovesMe
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Will NOT be getting it.  Our doctor doesn't even recommend it.  Not enough research with it for me to trust it.  look at what happened with Gardasil.

Join us at A Different Kind of Normal to ask for advice, start a debate, or just chat.

so.this.is.love
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Nope..not getting it.

My daughter is six, and I am all for vaccinating, but I don't feel this particular vaccine has been around long enough for anyone, even doctors, to know how it will harm or help our bodies. 

If my daughter gets the swine flu I will take the same steps I would take with any other flu.  I love her and would never want her to be sick, but I also don't think it's the wisest decision to shove a combination of ingredients into her body that I know nothing about. 

We will wait and see how this vaccine truly helps or harms those who receive it, and then we will decide whether or not it's something we want to put in our own bodies.

so.this.is.love
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:28 PM

of course they are recommending it.  it's more money to fatten their already thick wallets.  lol.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

I got it and all 3 of my kids as well(9,5 and 4). We got it 2 weeks ago tomorrow...no side effects.

Personally I have yet to meet a real person*not a CM profile pic* that has a pediatrician who isn't recommending it.

taurus86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:28 PM

to briansmommy :  working in a hospital is pretty scary these days, I'm sure you already do but just make sure you wear a mask and gloves all the time. if you hear of anyone getting the vaccine that you know please post if they had any reactions....

imthatgirl728
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Then you need a new pediatrician.....I wouldn't go to one that I didn't believe had me best interests at heart.

Quoting so.this.is.love:

of course they are recommending it.  it's more money to fatten their already thick wallets.  lol.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

taurus86
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I didn't even know it was available yet, what states have it?

so.this.is.love
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:33 PM

uhh..why do i need a new pediatrician?

i never stated anywhere that my pediatrician did or didn't recommend a vaccine to my child.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Then you need a new pediatrician.....I wouldn't go to one that I didn't believe had me best interests at heart.

Quoting so.this.is.love:

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)