Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did Sex Put You In Labor?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

Just wondering. I am 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant and my husband has been travelling all week and I *ahem* miss him...however the doctor told me today that I am over a cm dilated and that she wouldn't say to abstain but it could put me in labor...and i am trying to make it to my scheduled c-section in 2 1/2 weeks. Well...my husband is telling me NO because he doesn't want to put me in labor, but I don't think it will! I couldn't go into labor with my son no matter how much I tried! So does anybody think it really works, is hubby being silly??

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ryleesmommy2009
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM

i tried to see if i would because i was having back labor and in a ton of pain and it did nothing for me i still didn't go in i even walked alot and everything doc told me i could of course but it didn't help and its not proven i think you'll be fine alot of ppl do my friend was pregnant with twins recently she had a scheduled csection and she had sex all the way up until the day before she had the babys and she was fine i say go for it

avi_nevaeh_mama

If you HAVE to wait til your c-section for medical reasons I would say hold off just to be on the safe side. But if you can go into labor and be ok with getting to your hospital in time to do a c-section then I would say it can't hurt anything. Your baby won't come unless he or she is ready no matter how much sex you have. But if hubby is worried about it then it could make him have a hard time Ummm getting it up for ya.

Swtmama62205

well it put me into labor a few times and they had to stop my labor.  But if you insist  make sure he doesnt cum inside of you=) 

ashandmasysmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I have been in early labor since Sunday literally i am 90%effaced and dialated at a 2, if sex worked for us this little guy would be here by now. I should also mention I have been having contractions every 5-6 minutes as well and still no baby.I think he is just being stubborn as all get out.

crvlev
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:58 PM

my oldest daughter was sceduled c section for nov 26th. we 'got busy' then got dressed and ready to go out to lunch then the bookstore.well as I was opening the door and steping outside to leave my water broke. her actual due date wasn't even until dec 3rd. she was born nov 14th

butterflyblu
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:59 PM

It's hard to say if that was what actually put me into labor, but I personally believe yes it did.  My doctor recommended it as a natural way to start things.  It's not like it happened the first time, but over the course of a week or so, yes I did go into labor.  I didn't walk a lot or try any of the other natural methods.  But it's still hard to say because if I hadn't have had sex, I still might have gone into labor on my own anyway.  I had him at 39 weeks to the day.  I don't know how long I was dilated, but about 5 days prior I was checked and was 2 cm and 50% effaced.   Before then, I don't know because they never checked.

wicked_tink
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:00 PM

yep it happended to me twice.my last kid i was over due for like 2 weeks and i had went to the docs a couple of days before and my hubby was buggin he wanted some so we did it and than bam i was takin a shower and all of a sudden i feel a gush of water and i thought i urinated on myself lol.the first time it didnt happen like that.good luck and congrats on the new addition :) 

Austinsmommy198
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Quoting Swtmama62205:

well it put me into labor a few times and they had to stop my labor.  But if you insist  make sure he doesnt cum inside of you=) 

Definatly don't let him cum inside you that's what does it. And yes it actually put me in labor. We did the deed and about 2 hours later I started contractions. Although it was 2 days past my due date so maybe it wasn't 100% that

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

It did me..Probably the combo of a chicken wrap,walking up and down 3 flghts of stairs then a booty call,nap and LABOR!!!..GOOD LUCK and I agree don't have hubby cum inside..

scrapinmom88
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 1:20 AM

it worked for me!!!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)