Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What an AWESOME surprise!!!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am loving my house even more. It was built in 1950, and the carpet in the front room WAS less than 5 years old, but was so nasty looking because the previous owner did not take care of it. So we ripped it up, and had left the pad down til today. Well, we pulled the pad up today and OMG!!! The ORIGINAL, HARDWOOD, BEAUTIFUL flooring is still there and intact!! It not only saves us money, but its GORGEOUS. We'll have to get a floor sander and seal it, but that'll cost us less than $100!!

Tearing up the carpet.

Surprise!!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:23 PM

bump

daikinsmom0615
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:29 PM

wow, i love hardwoods...its going to look amazing. 

in loveDoug&Jennifer06-04-09

backpackDaikin 06/15/2004

ttcBaby#2

All4you
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM

We have our original 1930's hardwood floors. While they look great they are a pain in the ass to keep clean.

Sign by Danasoft - SURPRISE! I found you!
ColieO
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Really? My mom says they are easier than her tile. She mops with a floor polish once a month or so and its good to go. She said to seal them with 2 or 3 coats of stuff, and that should do it.

Quoting All4you:

We have our original 1930's hardwood floors. While they look great they are a pain in the ass to keep clean.

carastacey
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I love my hardwood floors....it's going to look beautiful when you're done!!

SunnyJoJo
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

that's flippin sweet!    How lucky was that!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

WoodWitch
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM

It was like Christmas, wasn't it!  We pulled up the avacado green sculpture carpet in our 1958 ranch and found spectacular floors.  We no longer have any carpet.  All the bedrooms, hall, living room, dining room and even the closets....the floors had never been walked on.  We are only the second owners and the previous owners lived here for 36 years and always had the carpet down.  I love it!

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe....

De_Chick
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I love my hardwood floors too. Thats great they were kept in such great condition!!!

All4you
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:49 PM

They show everything. Even worse with pets. I have to have them because of my child's allergies but they are a pain in the butt.

Quoting ColieO:

Really? My mom says they are easier than her tile. She mops with a floor polish once a month or so and its good to go. She said to seal them with 2 or 3 coats of stuff, and that should do it.

Quoting All4you:

Sign by Danasoft - SURPRISE! I found you!
ColieO
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:13 PM

BETTER than Christmas almost. haha.

I'll never understand WHY anyone in their right mind would think avocado green is acceptable. lol.

Quoting WoodWitch:

It was like Christmas, wasn't it!  We pulled up the avacado green sculpture carpet in our 1958 ranch and found spectacular floors.  We no longer have any carpet.  All the bedrooms, hall, living room, dining room and even the closets....the floors had never been walked on.  We are only the second owners and the previous owners lived here for 36 years and always had the carpet down.  I love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)