Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why? Anyone else deal with Anxiety/ Panic?!?!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

First off I want to start out by saying I have a EXTREMLY BAD panic disorder. Its worse than some people because my main fear is anything medical, so I dont take pills of any kind unless its just a simple Motrin 800. Anything other than that I freak out. So I CANT TAKE MEDS to help with my panic. Something I need to get over. Now For the past 4 days I have this pain between my shoulder blades more towards the right and down my right arm. I get tingles all over esp, my face and my lips go numb and sometimes I feel like I got a huge lump in my throat. Everything just seems distant to me like Im not all the way awake is the best way I can describe it. All symptoms of my panic I know but they come every day like clock work...... I feel GREAT SUPER untill 3pm. After that is goes down hill for the past 4 days like clock work. Now tonight I got symptoms of like Im getting my period (tmi sorry) and Im running to the bathroom I feel like im going to get sick, im crying for no reason my insides feel like there running a marathon even tho im just setting here. My mind is racing. Im freaking out. I keep thinking Im having a heart attack but really who has a 4 day long heart attack?! I sound crazy if i was you ladies I would think Im crazy. I just need a way to snap out it. I hate this. I have a life to live. 2yrs my panic was super HIGH AND I DELT with it alone. Im know im strong enough to work through this I just need to find the strength and the power to do so. Tonight was TRICK OR TREAT I couldnt even enjoy that with my son. My mom had to finish taking him while I went home and just cried ........................

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bets85
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

No one I must be special...............

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I had a meltdown earlier in the week and my husband dragged me to the doctor. I have a bad anxiety disorder and went off my meds for my pregnancy, it has not been a good situation.

Anyway, I know what you're describing. What happens is you might have a physical problem, most likely mild, and then you worry about what it could be which makes it worse then causes other random symptoms to appear. It's the worst. I've been convinced I had swine flu from a simple allergy induced sneeze, enough to raise my own temperture until I calmed down. Don't underestimate the power your mind has over your body.

I also understand not being able to take meds even though I do take them. If I try a new medication I make sure someone is there to watch me for 6-8 hours afterwards, I'm so afraid I'm going to die! I've been on the same meds for anxiety since I was 11 so I trust them like you trust the motrin, they're old friends.

The original pain you were having could be gall bladder related. If it doesn;t go away then I would see a doctor. Otherwise, if you can;t take meds and don't like the idea of therapy there is very little you can do. I would urge you to reconsider trying something because I grew upw ith two parents who had anxiety disorders and it deeply affected me. I can't even be sure that it isn't the reason I have one today. I want to be mentally healthy for my children and so I will take my medication so they never have to worry about mommy's breakdowns.

Stay strong, momma.

CafeMom Tickers
Bets85
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM

I wish I would say it was my gallbladder but my gallbladder was taken out years ago. I know I need to stop doing this infront of my son, I had a horrible attack when he was around just him and I he sat on my lap and sang twinkle twinkle little star to me. It was so sweet as he rubed my head and just kept singing and saying dont worry mommy Im here. I started crying because it was so sweet.

Im glad Im not the only one sometimes I feel like no one understands what I go through. I feel alone.  No one really understand how bad it is until they go through it.

Quoting abstractmommy:

I had a meltdown earlier in the week and my husband dragged me to the doctor. I have a bad anxiety disorder and went off my meds for my pregnancy, it has not been a good situation.

Anyway, I know what you're describing. What happens is you might have a physical problem, most likely mild, and then you worry about what it could be which makes it worse then causes other random symptoms to appear. It's the worst. I've been convinced I had swine flu from a simple allergy induced sneeze, enough to raise my own temperture until I calmed down. Don't underestimate the power your mind has over your body.

I also understand not being able to take meds even though I do take them. If I try a new medication I make sure someone is there to watch me for 6-8 hours afterwards, I'm so afraid I'm going to die! I've been on the same meds for anxiety since I was 11 so I trust them like you trust the motrin, they're old friends.

The original pain you were having could be gall bladder related. If it doesn;t go away then I would see a doctor. Otherwise, if you can;t take meds and don't like the idea of therapy there is very little you can do. I would urge you to reconsider trying something because I grew upw ith two parents who had anxiety disorders and it deeply affected me. I can't even be sure that it isn't the reason I have one today. I want to be mentally healthy for my children and so I will take my medication so they never have to worry about mommy's breakdowns.

Stay strong, momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)