Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does measuring large actually mean?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm 35 weeks but on Monday I was measuring at 36.5 weeks. Does that mean I've just gained too much weight? Or could he come earlier? Or does it mean nothing at all? I forgot to ask my doctor.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ready_for2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

you can never tell.... most of the time they say it means nothing. that its the way the baby is laying or something. however i CONSISTENTLY measured 2 weeks ahead, my docs kept saying it didnt mean anything, he wouldnt be over 8 lbs, wellllll he was 9 1/2!! so in my case, if meant something!! LOL

kk_bella
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:29 PM

It's just bs, it means nothing.

Hrivera5
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:32 PM

It means nothing.  Your baby could be in a position that made you measure bigger.  You could have more fluid.  Its nothing really, don't let it stress you out. 

mummykittie
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM

my doc and i just went threw this!! at first she told me i wass fine, then the next appt (my 29 week) i measured a whole 4 weeks to big so then she said i most likely have GD -since i failed my first test, so i did the 3 hour test and a sono. the 3 hour test came back neg-thank god!! but our sono showed that the baby was bigger then normal and after checking well they moved my due date and said i was further along then they thought. when we first was testing for it tho my doc said you can measure diff. for many reasons-wrong due date, GD, the baby is laying foward or may be large, or the doc can even measure wrong and its there fault-guess it happens alot in some cases lol. i wouldnt worrie to much. hope this helps. i was lucky enough to figure out my baby will be here by christmas(we have to induce) so it may mean you will get your baby a little early. good luck!!!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

stacyemmy
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:32 PM

my daughter measured big and she was 9lbs 2oz..they say this baby is measuring big and after my daughter I'm not surprised lol..but its not worrying me any..and my midwife isn't concerned..

pregnant

baby

johns1_4ever
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Quoting stacyemmy:

my daughter measured big and she was 9lbs 2oz..they say this baby is measuring big and after my daughter I'm not surprised lol..but its not worrying me any..and my midwife isn't concerned..

My doctor told me that there was nothing to worry about until I measured more than 3 wks ahead- Then he would be worried...

On a side note- I measured right on time  the entire pregnancy, and my son came out at 10 lbs 3 oz lol... So it is possible to measure on time and have a huge baby

butterflyblu
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Means nothing.  And measuring 2-3 cm either way is considered normal.  It doesn't mean you've gained too much weight or your baby will be large.  Different women carry differently based on their body type and the baby's position.  I actually measure very small during pregnancy, but still have average size babies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)