Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

speaking of swine flu...not what you think!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

my hubby said he overheard some people at his work talking about a swine flu party. Not sure if they mean purposely exposing themselves  to get the flu or not; but when he said that i instantly thought pox parties. (chicken pox)

i don't know seems crazy to me..but to each their own i guess.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MomTo2Boys2526
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:48 PM

wow thats kinda stupid...

mckayla
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I think that is awful!! If people were not dying from it ,it would not be so bad..I remember my mom taking to a chicken pox party!!

MissAndrea125
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:49 PM

My first reaction would be that a bunch of people have the swine flu, out of work, so why not get together and have a party together lol

wicked_tink
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:49 PM

wow thats just a crazy thing to do.everybody hackin on each other lol 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:51 PM

um  he shouldn't go  if his co workers do throw one i'd say forget it and stay home

AshesPashes
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:51 PM

People are idiots! 

Luna091306
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:53 PM

I saw a story on our local news about this a few nights ago. They strongly recommended against it because it effects each individual differently. Even if your friend has a mild case does not mean you will to!

We've had it and luckily it was a mild case. I'm thankful it's all over with for us but I would have never exposed myself on purpose. Sounds very scary. Yikes. 

"Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have all the answers, to think they do."

~ The Dems and the Reps remind me of my kids ~

One is always pointing out the bad things that the other is doing in hopes that I don't notice all the bullshit he is trying to get away with...

I'm not fooled by my own kids and I'm not fooled by Politicians.

bluelola
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Yikes!  I guess everyone will be exposed to it now at some time...... I wouldn't go to a party where someone or everyone had it just to be exposed and get it.  Not when everyone is doing their best to keep their kids sanitized and away from it as much as they can. 

chairhead28
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:55 PM

It's just so funny...there are some moms that won't leave their house, take their kids trick-or-treating, or let their child see sunlight because of the H1N1 shit that's going around.

Now there are mother's that want their child to purposely get sick. WTF is wrong with people? lol.

It's called...gray area. Use precautions so you do not contract the disease. If you're destin to get it, you're destin to get it.  

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), co-sleeping, baby wearing, ERF, solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 16 years), vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)