Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is it that KIDS have the ability to scare the SH*T out of you??

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

so there i was, just reading my toddler her bedtime story when she looks past me and shouts "what is that?"  i turn around and see nothing.  i ask her what she sees and she says a GUN!  she knows what guns are (we don't own any) and there was nothing resembling a gun.  she keeps looking and says, "Mommy, there's a gun".

this is the same toddler who will say "who is that?"  while pointing to air. 

surprised

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lennox07
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Eeeks! Creepy!! My son is 22months now, since he was younger like at the crawling stage, he would look past us while we're talking or playing with him and put on this really stern -someone-or-something's-there look and it'll freak us out. And he recently would point here or there while I read to him at night into the dimly lit room and pats his chest. Means he's scared. Of something in the room. And my maid who sleeps with him sometimes says he woke up the other night screaming his head off, pointing at the curtain. Hahaha..  freaky huh!!

katiebugg319
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 11:50 AM

my 7mo old son gave us a scare.. we put him to bed at 7pm he ALWAYS gets up at LEAST once a night, S/O woke me up at 11:30 am "Katie did you take his first feeding?" me: "huh? what? no? why? Mike: "he hasn't gotten up yet it's 11:30 so we both jump out of bed run in his room he's JUST starting to wake up. scared the crap out of me!

angelove8
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

When my youngest son was about 8 months he would look at something and start giggling and he would follow it around the room...we never saw what it was.... 

katiebugg319
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:01 PM

LOL that would do me in for the day! too funny, i'd be freaked though lol

Quoting angelove8:

When my youngest son was about 8 months he would look at something and start giggling and he would follow it around the room...we never saw what it was.... 

Cecilydw
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM

The other night, my two year old got out of bed about 3 in the morning and walked into our room, in the complete dark.  Our bed is high and she can barely see the top of it.  So I wake up to a warm breath on my face, and my face is on the edge of the bed.  I tell Jared turn on the light, and he reluctantly did, and there she was with the biggest smile on her face.  I screamed, and just about peed myself.  I seriously thought my heart was going to burst!  She just laughed and said haha I scared you...move over I wanna sleep with you.  I was like ok...I didn't know what to say, I was still in shock lol. 

rosyposy2002
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I don't know!! My daughter has never been afraid of monsters or anythin' because she's a tomboy...lol!! & she's a tough one!! I'm more scared of the dark than she is & sometimes I'm scared of kids because they see things like angels & ghosts when they are very little up until a certain point when they learn how to speak properly & then they forget about it so that's a very scary stage from a certain point of view...

Zoeydumbbell

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)