Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

should i do it? pierce my son's ears, i mean?

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 1:41 PM
  • 181 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I pierce my son's ears?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 294

View Results

I have 5 piercings in my ears and my son was there for all of them. When I was having it done, he said that he wanted it done too, but I didn't let him- figured he was too young and all that stuff. He's 4 years old now, and everytime I change my ear rings- at least 2-4 times a week, he asks to put it in his ears too. I really want it done.. Has anyone else gotten their son's done at 4 years old, or close to that age? Any advice?

by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KT9105
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 1:42 PM

if he wants them to be i don't see why not.  i'd never pierce a boy's ears though.  too fem.

NoGirlsAllowed
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I personally wouldn't. I think ear peircing is for girls. If my sons ever want thiers done, I will tell them to do it when they are 18.  

Ashley
Wife to Brad (06-10-05)

Mommy to Brendan (01-04-03) Cole (07-21-03) Bradley (12-26-05) Brady (03-13-08)
Admin to Cleaning Game Group (join us for some great friends and motivation!)

LuvmySFSGT

I would never peirce my sons ears. At that age he doesn't even understand.

Ixchel183

if he is old enough to ask for it i would explain to him that he can't touch or play with them because they will get infected and it will hurt him. and tell him he has to help clean them. if he can understand those rules i would say go for it. but find a reputable piercing place, preferably one APP certified, talk to the piercer. some places like that use guns on younger clients but if you can find a place to do it with a needle go there. the needles are safer than guns. good luck!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

hardworker876
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Absolutely NOT

LuvmySFSGT

Quoting KT9105:

if he wants them to be i don't see why not.

One of my friends 4 year old little boys wanted his hair long and blond because at the time thats what I had and he loved my hair. 

Little boys....at age 4...do not understand things like this.

mother_of_JGM

JMHO its trashy on boys at all, that is the way both DH and I were raised, and especially some four year old trying to be "g", it doesnt look cool, doesnt make them look smart, doesnt make them look respectable.

Piercings are for girls.

gabe11-14

No I would wait until he's old enough to take care of the piercing himself.

Gabriel is going to be 1 on November 14th!!!

justinejoy

I would not at this age - every child loves mimicking their parents.  I remember watching my mom brush her teeth excited for the day when I had foam coming out of my mouth when I brushed too.. I wanted it then because I saw it all the time...lol   I would say for now, especially for rough and tumbly boy to wait until he is maybe teenager or pre teen?? I know that when my boys are four if they ask I will say no way.

Justine butterfly on head  

amymarie0315
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Yes..and next week when your FOUR  YEAR OLD wants a tattoo.. you can allow that, too!

Seriously.. make him wait until he's 16 or so and can really decide if he wants his ears pierced like his MOM

"An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." ~Jef Mallett

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)