Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do Pickles Expire?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been wanting dill pickles lately. So I just finished a jar of Mt Olive Dill slices. I opened a new jar we just bought 2 days ago. I don't see a expire dat on them. But, they taste funny. More like a bread & butter pickle with a little dill. I think they are bad. Do you think pickles expire. I told B/F and he said he would get me a new jar tomorrw. What do you think.  

by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
teralywiski
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I am wondering the same thing. I have been on a pickle kick, lately...lol

cmb121906
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:16 PM

They have expiration dates. All food does. You have just made me get up and go eat two pickles LOL

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

RendevouzDreams
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Quoting teralywiski:

I am wondering the same thing. I have been on a pickle kick, lately...lol

LoL..I Loveee dill pickles

RendevouzDreams
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Quoting cmb121906:

They have expiration dates. All food does. You have just made me get up and go eat two pickles LOL

I found the expire date. My eyes are bad. Expire date was March 12 2012. But, they taste funny to me. I'm just buy a new jar tomorrow. Addicting huh LMBO

seba
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:32 PM

yes a open jar of pickles will go bad after a certain amount of time. i can bout 30 jars of cucumbers every year, half bread and butter and half dill. just like pickles from  the store they can go bad after a certain amount of time being opened.

RendevouzDreams
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Quoting seba:

yes a open jar of pickles will go bad after a certain amount of time. i can bout 30 jars of cucumbers every year, half bread and butter and half dill. just like pickles from  the store they can go bad after a certain amount of time being opened.

Thanks. I know they do go bad after they are opened. This is a Brand new jar I just opened about a hour ago. The lid did pop so they were fresh. I know about the canning thing haha. My husband used to tons of canning before he passed away. But, this new jar tastes funny. I want pickles darn it haha

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:35 AM

If there is a website on the jar , i would email them to let them know that the dills are tasting like the bread n butter ones.  I have done that with another pickle brand and they sent me a coupon for a free jar LOL.. Now we buy our pickles from a regional person who is 100 percent organic and her pickles last a year after being opened in fridge. I like the sweet n sours (also known as bread n butters at the store) and her dill carrots.  They keep me away from the junk food of chips LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)