Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs what does your DH/SO do with the kids?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:57 AM
  • 21 Replies

Just curious, like what is his interaction with them? Does he do any "care taking", or do you have to ask him to? Just wondering how it works out for everyone else. Also what do you expect him to do? No sugar coating it, really if he doesn't do shit then say so lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chiquis
by Diamond Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:00 AM

He's decent lol. He does diapers/baths/reads/plays .. loves taking them to the park. He LOVES the park. He helps when they are sick too which is always nice. He doesn't MAKE food lol but if he needs to feed them he orders, or buys them something simple lol.

Best thing is he does LAUNDRY hahahaha.

Join Us :

koolest_mom_of4
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:02 AM

Well my Hubby isnt home all the time he works out of state sometimes but when he is home he helps out ...............Sometimes lol

refinada_20
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:04 AM

My DH is deployed right now but when he was home he would give an occasional bath, storytime and sometimes even get up with the kids early on weekends so I could sleep in.

Love060708kids
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:05 AM

My husband plays with them when he is home, he will take turns taking them out so they have one on one daddy time.  He loves taking my middle child to get her hair cut and styled (she's only 2) he usually takes our son the oldest grocery shopping and whatever other errands there are that he feels like going on.  He really hasn't done much with our youngest child since he was preparing to deploy before she was 10 months old. 

All that I ask him to do is take out the trash on Friday and put his boots in the cubby so I don't trip over them oh and I also ask him to clean up his dirty clothes and none of these get done...ever.  Well maybe 1 time each month he will remember to take out the trash.  He is deployed now so it's all on me .... no biggie i'm used to doing it all anyways...lol

hautemama83
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Quoting chiquis:

He's decent lol. He does diapers/baths/reads/plays .. loves taking them to the park. He LOVES the park. He helps when they are sick too which is always nice. He doesn't MAKE food lol but if he needs to feed them he orders, or buys them something simple lol.

Best thing is he does LAUNDRY hahahaha.

WAIT.....He does the laundry!?

That's it where the hell is my dh, we need to have a talk lmao

averiensmommy07
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:06 AM

My husband is deployed but when he's home, he is AWESOME with our son. As soon as he walks in the door from work its break time for me =)

NikiAnne
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:08 AM

Honestly, not a ton. He's a good dad, but leaves most of the "care" and day-to-day stuff to me. I do most of the disciplining too, which I hate. I really wish that was split more evenly. If I'm gone (like "game night" once a month, or PSO meetings at my son's school, a grand total of about 2 nights a month) he'll get the boys in bed for me. If they want something like a drink or snack and he happens to be up, he'll get it. Otherwise I do. I do baths, bedtime routines, taking care of them when they're sick, going to the park, etc. Usually he'll do things "with" us, but he won't initiate things. But he does really enjoy spending time together as a family, so he's always around (unless he's at work.) He doesn't really go out with friends and likes to do all his "fun" stuff as a family.

EmmasMom0305
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:11 AM

He doesn't really do anything right now, he hasn't had enough time. He did take her grocery shopping today, so they could have some time together (and give me an hour of quiet). He also reads her bedtime stories to her on his days off. Hopefully things calm down at work soon, it is driving dh crazy not being able to spend enough time with Emma. 

hautemama83
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Quoting NikiAnne:

Honestly, not a ton. He's a good dad, but leaves most of the "care" and day-to-day stuff to me. I do most of the disciplining too, which I hate. I really wish that was split more evenly. If I'm gone (like "game night" once a month, or PSO meetings at my son's school, a grand total of about 2 nights a month) he'll get the boys in bed for me. If they want something like a drink or snack and he happens to be up, he'll get it. Otherwise I do. I do baths, bedtime routines, taking care of them when they're sick, going to the park, etc. Usually he'll do things "with" us, but he won't initiate things. But he does really enjoy spending time together as a family, so he's always around (unless he's at work.) He doesn't really go out with friends and likes to do all his "fun" stuff as a family.

Now see this is us, almost to a tee actually. I do most if not all of the care taking, and he gets to do the fun stuff. Which kinda bugs the hell outta me, but he is truly a great dad, and he will discipline but only if I tell him to. Everything else I have to ask him to do it. Like hey can you change Jr, or whatever. He doesn't go out either though, so I guess I should be thankful for that.

TheSinFamily
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:18 AM

I think I'm pretty lucky to have such a willing and hands on man. He'll mostly do things when I ask him but he also does things on his own. Anything from changing diapers, to cooking for/feeding/cleaning up after them, to playing with them, etc. He's also like that with house chores and he's better with laundry than I am. .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)