Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your kid(s) do this?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:49 AM
  • 12 Replies

When I tell my son no about something he says "but but but but but but but...." I have to tell him to stop or else he will keep saying it!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
enchantingspa
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:53 AM

My oldest would do that for no other reason then to have the last word on things.  I would just go and I would do it right back to hershe would get annoyed and walk away lol.

NikiAnne
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:02 AM

Ugh, yes!! Drives me nuts!! Both mine do that! I tell them "Stop saying 'but' and just talk to me. Otherwise, I won't have any idea what it is you actually want." Doesn't always work. Like the PP said, sometimes it's just to get the last word, lol...kids :S

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:04 AM

My 2 yr old does it with please. It ends up sounding like ... PLEASE PLE PLE PLE PLE PLE PLE PLE PLE ...

Ugh lol. 

mitch576
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:05 AM

you don't talk back to your mother or disrespect your elders in my culture so no....

they know better.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

Davids_Wife1307
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:06 AM

OMG that too.. UGHHHHHHH

Quoting chiquis:

My 2 yr old does it with please. It ends up sounding like ... PLEASE PLE PLE PLE PLE PLE PLE PLE PLE ...

Ugh lol. 

Dawnness
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:10 AM

My son likes to do this thing were he'll come up to me like he wants to say something or talk...but than he goes "Nevermind" and leaves. Ugh!

I've told  him time & time again to just talk to me, that I can't help if I don't know what he wants.

He also shuts down when I ask him stuff about anything.

I think it has a lot to do with him finding "his words" or trying to express himself with the right words.  Lots of patience needed here...

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:11 AM

My kids never did, but when they started to say Mommy can I....... I'd instantly say "NO!" LOL

My second son finally told me, "you don't even know what I was gonna ask," So I asked him and still told him no. lol  

NikiAnne
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Quoting Dawnness:

My son likes to do this thing were he'll come up to me like he wants to say something or talk...but than he goes "Nevermind" and leaves. Ugh!

Mine does the "nevermind" too! Wow, I thought just my kids were weird ;)

Oh, mine also does "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom...."

Dawnness
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:14 AM

Quoting DanaG70:

My kids never did, but when they started to say Mommy can I....... I'd instantly say "NO!" LOL

My second son finally told me, "you don't even know what I was gonna ask," So I asked him and still told him no. lol  

LOL!!

The "NO" response is an automatic for me too....NO matter who it is, especially if it's been one of them days where everybody wants something from me.

Dawnness
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:15 AM

Quoting NikiAnne:

Quoting Dawnness:

Mine does the "nevermind" too! Wow, I thought just my kids were weird ;)

Oh, mine also does "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom...."

The red...

Stewie from Family Guy...LOL!! (It popped in my head...sorry. No offense meant...I know some people don't like that show.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)