Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get out of my house!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

I love toads, and tree frogs, i really do! They're super cute, and they eat bugs i hate, and they're cute, and it's funny watching my DD chase them. And then run away screaming when they hop towards her.

But, i do not want them in my house!! They hang out on my back steps, and when i open the door to let my dog outside, they hop in. Have you ever walked into the living room only to have tree frog jump onto your face? Not pleasant!

And a toad got in once, hung out at the window that i never use, behind the blinds, and died. Took me 2 days to figure out what that strange smell was until i pulled those blinds up.

Please toads and frogs, there are no bugs here for you to eat! All the bugs are outside on the porch! Stay out there! You'll starve to death if you come inside!!!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
denise3680
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:05 AM

I feel you, We have lizards that have taken over our house.  It is like an invasion, they are hard to catch and if you kill one believe me there are a million more.  they are very cute but they crap all over the place, it is very gross!!!!

mitch576
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:06 AM

the most rarely seen amphibian on the planet is the "peep toad"

which is actually a tiny little tree frog.

i only know this because my yard is infested with this creature that is supposedly rarely, if ever seen by human eyes.

yeah... not here.

to the left on the leaf, there he is!

they get into my house... they get into my car. i love them too... but do not like wet, cold frog on my face or feet while i'm in my house either.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

montessori_mama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:15 AM

Aww.  I would be frustrated, too if they were dying and stinking up my house!  What we have all over are geckos.  I really rather like having them around, but I feel bad as I don't believe they belong indoors, and I am rather grossed out by the little packages they leave all over the house.  They're so darned cute, though!  The tiniest one I have ever seen has been in my living room this week - he's barely half the size of my little finger and the poor guy always looks terriffied. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)