Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YAY! I get to do...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

I get to do laundry today!  Normally, I admit, I would not be excited about this, but after being out of a washing machine for nearly two weeks, I'm thrilled.  The Sears repairman was supposed to come fix it last Thursday but the transmission never came in, so we had to reschedule.  It came Friday and they're coming today to repair it.  Its useable as it is but I am scared it will just crap out in the middle of a load and be sitting there full of laundry and water.  Boy that would suck!  So, other than about 2 loads to wash my husband's uniforms, I've been out of a washer for nearly 2 weeks and desperately need to do some washing.  I'm so happy its getting fixed today.

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Washing Machines have transmissions? I thought that was a car thing? Well, good luck with your laundry... I think I would be happy if my washing machine was broke and getting repaired too! I hate not being able to wash my son's diapers when I am running low.

mom2ljh
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Quoting dusky_rose:

Washing Machines have transmissions? I thought that was a car thing? Well, good luck with your laundry... I think I would be happy if my washing machine was broke and getting repaired too! I hate not being able to wash my son's diapers when I am running low.

Yes, they do, and unfortunately, they go bad sometimes.  I'm so thankful I bought the warranty.  At the price of a transmission and labor to install it most people wind up just replacing the whole machie and, to be honest, I'm not in the market for either option.  The machine is only 3 years old, so I would be livid if I were having to come up with it myself (though to be honest, I'm a bit outdone the transmission went out on such a new washer anyhow).
I totally hear you on the diaper thing too.  My husband tiled our kitchen and pantry when DS was around a year old and I didn't have access to my washer for a couple days.  It was a complete pain and I wound up doing disposables for a day.  ICK!  Thankfully we're potty training now, so it hasn't been as big a deal.

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

anetrnlov
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:02 AM

Girl, I understand how you feel.

Our washer was broke for like 3 months...

I was so glad when we could afford to replace it and I didn't have to go to the damn laundry mat anymore.

wedding website

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)