Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fussy Baby and A Sick DH....please help me!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:06 AM
  • 6 Replies

My baby turns 4wks old on Wednesday. He has been eating like a champ lately and seems to sleep well when he lays with Dh or I.

Someone on here told me he is spoiled because he rarely sleeps when  he is laying in his own bed (which I know is BS because you can't spoil a 4wk old baby).

Anyways, lately he has been super fussy and I think it has to deal with the fact that DH got both me and baby sick last week (we are both now better) but now DH has a nasty flu like cold...and I think it is making our son feel fussy for some reason.

Anyways, I know that it will pass but can someone please tell me that there is a light at the end of this very long, dark tunnel? I am super tired and frustrated (although I am amazingly calm around my baby...so he's not "sensing" the stress). I don't have family or friends near (we live in Germany) so it's not like I can  have someone come take him while I sleep for a bit...

Oh, and while I have a post going, can someone please tell me when babies start doing these things (I know that every baby develops differently...but just a general idea):

supporting their own head

crawling

sitting up

waving

thanks for all the help!

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Awwwww, mama! Things will get better. Hang in there and try to take naps when your baby does (if thats possible).

x_sabine_x
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:11 AM

I feel your pain. My son, fiance, and I all got sick at the same time. But my fiance becomes a big baby when he's sick! It will end, I promise.

Here is a cool website I found for you on milestones for babies:

http://www.babycenter.com/milestone-charts-birth-to-age-3

-Ellen-

Davids_Wife1307
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:13 AM

Take deep, long breaths LOL. As far as when babies start doing things---

My son-

Supported his own head- I don't remember

Crawled- 8 months

Sitting up- about 6 months?? I think

Waving- maybe 5 months or so??

I need to look at his baby book lol

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:14 AM

i have looked at those charts on there (I was reading the babycenter "weekly" things while preggo and have continued to do so now)...but I was more wondering when everyone else's babies did those things....

my mom said that I was walking, talking, and potty trained by 15months (which is super early...at first I thought she was mistaken but she said the same thing everytime I ask her about it).

Quoting x_sabine_x:

I feel your pain. My son, fiance, and I all got sick at the same time. But my fiance becomes a big baby when he's sick! It will end, I promise.

Here is a cool website I found for you on milestones for babies:

http://www.babycenter.com/milestone-charts-birth-to-age-3

-Ellen-

AshGabKaiser
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:22 AM

You're in Germany ........Do  you by some miracle know Stephanie   & Luke Overfelt ? Right now Steph's sister Daphnie is there with her They are military, also.   Just wondered ! Oh, and BTW........this flu is pure hell and horrible ( to put it NICELY )~~~~~~~~~so pleazzz keep a very close eye out for your little one in case he gets it / or has it already.

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:25 AM

lol, I don't think I know them...we are stationed in Schweinfurt, where are they at?

I constantly wash my hands so to not pass any germs I get from Dh onto the baby...and right now, Dh is wearing a face mask around the baby so he doesn't breathe on him...so we are taking extra precautions...

DH's temp is at 102.5 (he saw a doctor this morning)...so I went ahead and took our son's temp just to be sure and he was only at 98.1...so he's good...and his stuffy nose is gone (DS).

Quoting AshGabKaiser:

You're in Germany ........Do  you by some miracle know Stephanie   & Luke Overfelt ? Right now Steph's sister Daphnie is there with her They are military, also.   Just wondered ! Oh, and BTW........this flu is pure hell and horrible ( to put it NICELY )~~~~~~~~~so pleazzz keep a very close eye out for your little one in case he gets it / or has it already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)