Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stain in bra? Update

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:05 AM
  • 13 Replies

I noticed last night that I have stains in my bra (off white/light light light brown in color). They are right where my nipples would be. I'm not pregnant. I just finished AF last night and I took a pregnancy test and it was BFN. Do you have any ideas what this could be? 

*Update- The nurse called back and said that its pretty normal for women to have discharge even years after having a baby. I'm waiting on her to talk with my OBGYN and call me back to see if he wants to see me still.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alli1204
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Sweat, maybe?

aidia
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Is it on both sides, or just one? I'd be more concerned if it is only on one side.

Davids_Wife1307
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:09 AM

both sides. I will post a pic if yall want lol. Im just freaked out.

Quoting aidia:

Is it on both sides, or just one? I'd be more concerned if it is only on one side.

aidia
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Well, I would get into your gynecologist- just to rule out any kind of infection. Since it's in both breasts, I wouldn't panic too much right now. Just make an appointment. :)

Quoting Davids_Wife1307:

both sides. I will post a pic if yall want lol. Im just freaked out.

Quoting aidia:

Davids_Wife1307
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Im going to call my doctor when the office opens. My nipples feel full, kind of a warm, tingly feeling...

allurasmamma
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:34 AM

you don't have your nipples peirced or had them before?

allurasmamma
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:35 AM

A woman's breasts secret some fluid throughout most of the adult life. The difference between lactating (milk producing) and non-lactating breasts is mainly in the degree or amount of secretion and to a smaller degree the chemical composition of the fluid. In non-lactating women, small plugs of tissue block the nipple ducts and keep the nipple from discharging fluid. Nipple discharge are often yellow, green, brown, bloody, or milky in appearance.

Importantly, most nipple discharges, while often bothersome, are not cancerous. However, any woman with a suspicious or worrisome nipple discharge should consult her physician.

Davids_Wife1307
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:37 AM

no

Quoting allurasmamma:

you don't have your nipples peirced or had them before?

allurasmamma
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:37 AM

http://www.imaginis.com/breasthealth/nipple.asp  here is a link you can read more about it here. Wishing you luck with your boobs! Feel better! i messed it up but it should work now.

allurasmamma
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:43 AM

does that seem like what's going on with you? I fixed the link. It was not going to the page i thout it would but it is now. Did you get to read it yet? I hope it was helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)