Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taylor Swift Monologue Song on SNL

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:54 AM
  • 13 Replies

I was unaware that people were offended by Taylor Swift's monologue song where she says 'douche bag." Do you have a problem with it? IMO I don't see anything wrong with it because the show is geared toward an older audience. Just wondering what everyone thought and why people have a problem with her saying this. I found it funny and don't see anything wrong with it at all.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Good for her, making the jump from sugary sweet teenage pop-country to the adult world. it was funny, and SNL is an adult show that's on when most children are asleep. people have a problem with taylor swift not being 15 any more.

Pregnant with Baby #4! Think Pink People!

pregnant belly

MamaBloom777
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:01 AM

I thought she did a great job!  And too funny!  SNL can be offensive to oversensitive people.  But they should just know that going in & not watch.  She could've said much worse than "douche bag".  LOL!  I was kinda proud of her! 

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:01 AM

That was awesome.  I have SNL recorded, so I haven't watched it yet.  I think anyone who does that show is a good sport.  I'm glad Taylor was able to show her funny side.  Like you said, the show comes on late for a reason, it's not for kids.

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:02 AM

I know, I've seen stuff on that show that is way worse than what she said, lol.

Quoting MamaBloom777:

I thought she did a great job!  And too funny!  SNL can be offensive to oversensitive people.  But they should just know that going in & not watch.  She could've said much worse than "douche bag".  LOL!  I was kinda proud of her! 

SnappyKaliZai
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Wow, talk about haters! That was a funny song. It's SNL! She was being funny and it wasn't even offensive IMO. There are a lot worse words she could have used.

edwardsgirl
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:06 AM

its on at what? midnight?

If people have isuses with something their child saw on tv at midnight; then well..that is their problem right there!

Those who are freaking out over it; i'm sure their precious little ones have heard worse at school.

I could see getting upset if it was Nick or Disney but its SNL for crying the frick out loud.

People just like having something to complain about. 

critter_boo
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:06 AM

i  thought it was great and people need to get a sencse of humor  my god that is not as bad as some

mom2myangelboy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:06 AM

I love Taylor Swift. This is an program for an adult audience so no i have no problem with anything that was said. She spoke of all the things that she has been asked in interviews in the past. Now if this were on the Kids Choice awartds then yes it would be innappropriate but this is an adult oriented porgram.

retsillacam
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:11 AM

OMG! Something on SNL was offensive? LMAO, I loved it. It was funny!

nillamilkshake
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:11 AM

i think it was pretty funny. people have no reason to get "offended" its not like anyones family member is a "douche bag" and shes using it in a bad way like if it were the R word. taking offense to the word douchebag is quite possibly the stupidest thing ive ever heard IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)