Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you get the 1st ultrasound?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM
  • 17 Replies

I am so excited because I have my first appt for this pregnancy this morning! I am wondering how common it is for them to give you an ultrasound the first visit. (I'm 8 weeks) I am going to see a midwife who works in an OB/GYNs office so they probably have an ultrasound machine. My early prenatal care with my first pregnancy was not here, it was in Canada, so I don't really know what to expect.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lbdm2002
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:51 AM

My first appt, with both pregnancies they did a pap, since it had been over 6 months since my last one...um..lots of paperwork, some blood work..just stuff like that.  My first baby, i never got an ultrasound..my OB didn't do them.  My 2nd baby, my first ultrasound came at 13wks due to some bleeding issues I had.  (actually thought I was 10 wks at that appointment..so it was a nice suprise to go in to the appointment in my first trimester and come out of the appointment in my 2nd trimester..LMAO!)

afallingstar741
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I had a vaginal one at 11 weeks, but I think it was bc I wasn't sure how far along I was...GOOD LUCK! I hope you get to see your baby :)

rchl882
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Thanks for the replies! I am always paranoid that I'm pregnant with twins (not that it would be a bad thing), so I really want to see what's going on in there!!

luv2wahm
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM

If I remember right...on my first they did weight, blood pressure and a urine test, they asked when your last period was..and gave an estimated due date. The ultrasound was done with a wand that is inserted....that's about it...

Team Santa~

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM

On my first visit they talked to me and did a sonogram to tell how far along I was. It is completely normal for them to do one.

austinsmama1106

With my son I didn't have an ultrasound until 20-21 weeks.
With this one I have a feeling I will have one at my appt on Dec 1st because I have no clue how far I am.

CafeMom Tickers

Xandriasmommy

I had a vaginal one at 10 weeks, but mine was because they weren't finding a heartbeat. So they did the u/s to see if they could see the heart beating.

lbdm2002
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

totally OT..but OMG..I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your siggy!!!  I graduated from OSU in 01 and living in Korea it sucks because to catch an OSU football game, I have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn on Sunday morning!  GOOOOOO POKES!!!

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

On my first visit they talked to me and did a sonogram to tell how far along I was. It is completely normal for them to do one.

1-teen-mommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

i got mine done at 5 weeks because i had a cysts on each ovary and the doc wanted to make sure she was not in my tubes

nurbabe82
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM

My first and only one was done at 20weeks. I had to go the hospital to have it done b/c they don't do them at my MD's office. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)