Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurricane Ida

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM
  • 28 Replies

For those who live in the south like me...Let's get ready. Probably won't be bad though. They are saying it will be a tropical storm by the time it hits tonight. My house is right in the middle of the predicitions like always..

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadrama07
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I'm here in Irvington, just south of Mobile, Alabama. I hope it doesn't get too bad. Stay safe! 

danielsmommy2b
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Hm, I haven't heard much about this one. I have lots of family in Mobile, Pass Christian, and Biloxi... My uncles place was distroyed in Katrina. Hoping everyone down there stays safe. Here in Atlanta, we are expecting 3-5 inches of rain sometime tomorrow, which is bad after our recent floods and still so many roads closed! Hope you stay dry!

Kays_Mama06
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Storms and wind. That's what it'll most likely bring. Nothing too major. It's a cat 1 so it's just LOTS of rain.  

mirandas_mom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:01 AM

It's likely to hit near the Florida panhandle I heard last update. This is either going to be a tropical storm, or a cat 1, alot milder compared to Hurricanes Andrew, Frances, Jeanne, Wilma, and Katrina.

All season nothing.. then at end of season, boom. Unbelieveable.

HLoeffler08
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Stay safe everyone!

HLoeffler08
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I live right at the Florida Alabama line!

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Maybe she'll bring some cold weather with her! She's hitting near the gulf right? thats what my MIL said anyway, I haven't really been paying attention. If so it'll be nothing by the time it reaches me... maybe I'll go check it out, its been super windy.

table4six
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Alabama here!  Stay safe moms!!!!!

canegirl0700

I live in Tallahassee, looks like we will get the brunt of it being on the eastern side of the storm, but it will more than likely just be a lot of wind and rain. Stay safe mamas!

HLoeffler08

They said it might hit Baldwin County AL/Escambia County FL, somewhere in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)