Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone seen...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM
  • 10 Replies

...Jim Carey's A Christmas Carol??  My MIL decided to take my daughter to see it without bothering to ask me if it was ok.  (she's staying with them until tomorrow) Anyway I've heard it has some parts that can be pretty scary for little ones.  Anyway has anyone seen it??? Was it ok for a two and a half year old?? I'm actually pretty POed that she took her!! What do you think??

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mymaddiegrl2
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I havent seen it but seen previews. I want to see it but I think it is going to be very scary for a 2 1/2 year old. sorry for your MIL bad choice 

ceciliam
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM

We took our son, who is 3 1/2, to see it (in 3D) and not only did he love it....so did my husband (who was really going just for me and my son). It was a really good movie.

brittnEashley
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

BUMP! I'd like to know this too, but for a 5 YO!

judybant
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

IT's rated pg13... a friend has a little boy who is very mature for his age, he's 8... and he was scared out of his gourd... he slept in their bed with them for 3 nights afterward... so it's a bit on the "dark" side...  

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I think that since she already took her, there's not much you can do about it now.  If your daughter wasn't scared by it, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Just ask your MIL to run it by you next time she plans to take her to a movie so you can approve of the movie she might be seeing.

mymaddiegrl2
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM

my 11 year old has no desire said it looked to scary. Me on the other hand I am going and so does my mom. we are taking my 10 year old nephew that likes scary movies anyway.

Quoting judybant:

IT's rated pg13... a friend has a little boy who is very mature for his age, he's 8... and he was scared out of his gourd... he slept in their bed with them for 3 nights afterward... so it's a bit on the "dark" side...  

Punkie74
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM

bump

ceciliam
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I'm surprised so many people are saying it was scary. We didn't find it to be scary at all.

mymaddiegrl2
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I am just going from previews I am excited to see it. my daughter gets scared easy heck I didnt get to see nemo at movies because she was afraid of the shark hahah.  I wanna go because the 3d looks like it is going to be awesome

Quoting ceciliam:

I'm surprised so many people are saying it was scary. We didn't find it to be scary at all.

Punkie74
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Anyone else??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)