Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many people agree with this statement?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:04 AM
  • 64 Replies

Poll

Question: should a women have a right to bring a baby into the world without a dad?

Options:

1. yes they should

2. no they shouldnt

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 218

View Results

i dont want this to turn into a debate, thats why im adding a poll. somebody stated in their reply in another post about a week ago, that they feel no woman should have the right to bring a baby into the world without a father, as a single mom. im assuming they were referring to moms who know ahead of time they will be a single mom, not those who become one later.

i simply want to know how many people also share this belief, either secretely or openly. please do not get into a debate, just state ur oponion, please.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM

From my own personal experiences, sometimes it's better to not have a dad. I got 2 chances (bio dad and step) and both sucked.

southernjess3

i have always believed no dad is way better than a bad dad..so imma say i most certainly disagree with the above statement

CafeMom Tickers

ready_for2

of course!! IF she has a way to support the baby on her own. if she cannot do it alone, then she shouldnt be TRYING to get pregnant and then expecting the gov or her other family members to take care of HER child.

imechard
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I am a much more effective parent when DH is not around. He helps with the kids and is great, but I could raise these kids by myself. I say if a woman wants to, why not? Other than sperm, some men don't contribute anything anyway

youngmomma259
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I myself think that children need two parents, but things do happen. Though, purposely being a single mother is saddening. Why set your kids up for heart  ache? All kids want their parents to be together, or like each other, or whatever. No kid wants to switch weekends with their parents or not see one of their parents at all. I think that purposely being a single mom is selfish.

Vaxing, co-sleeping, bible believing, military wife, pro-life, anti-gay marriage, formula using, high school graduate, college student on my way to being a nurse practitioner, 18 years old, loving kind of momma of a2 year old princess!

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Biology and science give the woman the upper hand when it comes to becoming a parent.

Women have MANY MANY MANY options when it comes to preventing pregnancy, so if she doesn't want to become a single mother, she CAN prevent that from happening.

If a man doesn't want to become a father, he needs to wrap it up, and make sure the woman he's having sex with agrees with him about any unplanned pregnancies. If the woman wants to change her mind later, well he's just screwed.

Is it fair? Not at all, but it's reality.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

omgamomie
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:11 AM

So are you saying that I should have stayed with the man that wanted to push me down a flight of stairs while pregnant with my dd??  And that since I left him I am selfish for doing so?? 

Quoting youngmomma259:

I myself think that children need two parents, but things do happen. Though, purposely being a single mother is saddening. Why set your kids up for heart  ache? All kids want their parents to be together, or like each other, or whatever. No kid wants to switch weekends with their parents or not see one of their parents at all. I think that purposely being a single mom is selfish.

mom2four1978

Well that's just one of the dumbest things I've heard all week. I wonder if that person also thinks that single people should not be allowed to adopt from foster care either.

jackjack2.png picture by devilsadvocate1488

tha-hawt-mommie

I don't think they NEED 2 parents .. who knows what happened to make that dad not be there .. i raised my son great , when his dad was around it was horrible! .. and i do alot w/o ryne , so either way id be fine. just because your a single woman doesnt mean you cant raise a kid. 

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/2008-2009-photo-and-video

*Do you love hip-hop music? Come join my hip-hop hunnies group & keep hip-hop alive!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/hip-hop-hunnies

youngmomma259

Okay... now that's different. I was thinking like Octomom... if that happens the mother has every right to keep the baby.

Quoting Septpreggo:

Quoting youngmomma259:

let me clarify i meant if she found out while she was preggo that the fatjher has no intentions of being in the childs life but she continues to have the baby anyway

Vaxing, co-sleeping, bible believing, military wife, pro-life, anti-gay marriage, formula using, high school graduate, college student on my way to being a nurse practitioner, 18 years old, loving kind of momma of a2 year old princess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)