Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF??? This is just as bad as cheating???

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM
  • 82 Replies

So I recently found out that a guy I dated in high school is dating a teenager. I'm 25 & he is a year old than me, his girlfriend is like 17 I think. Someone told me she was younger but whatever.

Anyway, I was talking to a friend about it & how disgusting it is & I'm ashamed to know him & then generally making fun of him for being such a loser (immature yes but hey he's dating a 17 yr old). Well this friend is his cousin & said something to him about it, I don't care b/c I wouldn't have said it if I didn't want him to find out. So loser ex-boyfriend goes on about how I cheated on guys IN HIGH SCHOOL & that I probably cheat on my husband (which I have never done) & that I'm just as bad as him IF NOT WORSE.

WTF??? Since when is cheating worse than being a borderline pedophile? Am I kidding myself by thinking these 2 things aren't even close to being the same?

Edit: I just wanted to highlight the part about my cheating being while I was in school. Come on ladies, we are talking about me making out with guys that weren''t my boyfriend at football games. Not me running around on my husband. I'm not really sure how that makes me "morally wrong"

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kays_Mama06
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM

He isn't borderline. HE IS a pedophile.

Those two can't even be compared.

Let him run his mouth. He knows he's in the wrong, that's why he's doing it.

mysteriousmom06
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

He isn't borderline. HE IS a pedophile.

Those two can't even be compared.

Let him run his mouth. He knows he's in the wrong, that's why he's doing it.

Thanks. When I was talking to my friend (his cousin) & she told me that, I got mad & she was all like, "well...." I had to stop talking to her b/c I couldn't believe how she didn't think he was WAY out of line

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM

its like comparing apples and oranges...he is just trying reflect the attention off his sick self.

ready_for2
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM

wow he is a loser!! and losers say dumb things like that bc they dont know any better. he cant help that he is stupid. lol

Jynnifer292
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Well, she is 17, too young for him, and technically, he could be considered a pedophile but I know quite a few 17 year olds that are as mature or more so than some 26 year olds. IDK, if she was 14, I would say he was a pedophile. For all we know, she might be 18 in a week. On the other hand, I have a pretty low opinion of people that cheat. I guess it all comes down to the old "remove the log from your own eye" kind of stuff.  

KatieM
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM

ew that's illegal.  besides even if you did cheat in high school who cares, what he is doing now is sick!

MommytoKenzie08
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Wow. Age doesn't mean anything...I was 17 and dated a 28 year old and he isn't a "sick" person or pedophile...I dated him on my own free will and he was a good person. No he shouldn't say things like that about you but you shouldn't say things about him either. It's called minding your own business and growing up sounds like you are really immature....

mysteriousmom06
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Quoting MommytoKenzie08:

Wow. Age doesn't mean anything...I was 17 and dated a 28 year old and he isn't a "sick" person or pedophile...I dated him on my own free will and he was a good person. No he shouldn't say things like that about you but you shouldn't say things about him either. It's called minding your own business and growing up sounds like you are really immature....

Dear I'm far from immature. You may feel like what he is doing is okay from your own perspective but to the generally public I think its not. Was making jokes about him immature, yes but just b/c I think its gross for a grown man to date a SOPHMORE in high school does not make me immature:)

KristaP13
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM

where I live, he wouldn't be considered a pedophile. The age of consent here is 16....

I personally don't agree with it though. I think it's sick.. I don't understand why young girls date older guys like that. If they can't find someone their own age, there is obviously something wrong with them....

He's just trying to get the attention off of himself and throw it on you. He knows what he's doing is sick.

I'm a 20 year old, spoiling my daughter with love, Small town living, walmart shoppingresearch b4 vaxing, fuel efficient car driving, anti-fast food & soda, chasing my toddler instead leashing her, giving her carrots instead of cookies, former varsity athlete, making my husbands dinner every night from scratch,Vampire book collecting, Fairy Tale Loving, Camping & canoeing, Atheist Mom, who loves my family more than anything in the world. 

& I beat the Monster aka Smoking addiction...

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I guess I'm not seeing the HUGE problem with the age difference. In many states 17 is consenting age (maybe within another age limit IDK) My brother is 28 and his wife is 20. Pretty similar age difference and my brother is not sick.

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)