Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your not perfect So smoke it :)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:12 AM
  • 16 Replies

So we are all humans and for that reason alone we have all made mistakes. EVERYONE of us Here is the post to admit what your biggest mistake as a parent has been.

Mine one day my SO wanted to know if the kids and I wanted to meet him at his work for a picnic luch. Of course We ( the kids and I) thought it was a wonderful idea.

So I in a rush pack a picnic lunch for all 8 of us complete with drinks and all. Grab my purse grabbed the dog She likes to go to daddy's work too. Locked the animals in the barn. Go down the road Got two miles from home and realized I forgot my then 6 year old at home. He had gotten out of the car when I was closeing the barn door b/c he had to poop.

Yep thats right I left one of my six kids home alone. But he never even knew he was still pooping when I rushed into my house.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheTaoOfKim
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM

well with 6 kids one is bound to go unseen occasionally, lol 

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Thats the only time ive really forgotten to bring any with me

Quoting TheTaoOfKim:

well with 6 kids one is bound to go unseen occasionally, lol 

mommy1008
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Gosh, it's hard to post this..Well when my dd was about 6 months old we went somewhere with my mom and I forgot to buckle her carseat in...The reason being is I was so used to just hooking it on to the base and she didn't have a base in her car. I still feel horrible about that one. 

nbr1sahm
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

My profile pic is specifically intended to imply that I am anything BUT perfect. Rather, I am normal... as are you.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Actually that is a very common mistake. Your alright. I bet you always double checked after that huh.

Quoting mommy1008:

Gosh, it's hard to post this..Well when my dd was about 6 months old we went somewhere with my mom and I forgot to buckle her carseat in...The reason being is I was so used to just hooking it on to the base and she didn't have a base in her car. I still feel horrible about that one. 

cryssi_renee
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I did that too, I cried for like 3 hours afterward. 

Quoting mommy1008:

Human beings are flawed and wrong and ugly, and that's OK. Not everybody can be Oprah all the time. Sometimes life sucks - sometimes it's awesome. -- Leslie Mann

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM

i am farrr from a perfect mom. lmao

i was 17 when i had my son, and had never really been around kids before, let alone babies. micah is almost 8 (12/21) and hes a tough kid...probably bc of all the shit i screwed up with. lol

my sil gave me a baby carrier, the kind where the kid sits in front of you while you walk around. apparently i didnt do something right, bc after i put him in it (he was about 5 mths old) i stood up and it flipped upside down and he fell out on the couch. my husbands nephew laughed sooo hard. lol micah didnt cry, just gave me a "get your shit together" look, then laughed.

recently--i had to go to the store and got caught up and didnt realize the time til i looked at my phone and realized he had been home for about 5 minutes already. i was just down the street, so it took about 5 minutes to get home...i forgot my kid and he was locked out the house. :o( he was in the back yard with the dogs.

*i'll tell you a secret...that wasnt the first time.*

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Again normal mom acidents and mistakes

Quoting dmarie2101:

i am farrr from a perfect mom. lmao

i was 17 when i had my son, and had never really been around kids before, let alone babies. micah is almost 8 (12/21) and hes a tough kid...probably bc of all the shit i screwed up with. lol

my sil gave me a baby carrier, the kind where the kid sits in front of you while you walk around. apparently i didnt do something right, bc after i put him in it (he was about 5 mths old) i stood up and it flipped upside down and he fell out on the couch. my husbands nephew laughed sooo hard. lol micah didnt cry, just gave me a "get your shit together" look, then laughed.

recently--i had to go to the store and got caught up and didnt realize the time til i looked at my phone and realized he had been home for about 5 minutes already. i was just down the street, so it took about 5 minutes to get home...i forgot my kid and he was locked out the house. :o( he was in the back yard with the dogs.

*i'll tell you a secret...that wasnt the first time.*

kk_bella
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I would forget my head if it weren't attached to my body.

minimom11107
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:39 AM

We only have one carseat so we switch it back and forth between our cars. SO put it in my car one morning before he left for work and said probably 5 times "Don't forget to hook the seat in" well I forgot until we were completely done running all the errands for the day, which was quite a few hours of running around. I felt horrible.

Quoting mommy1008:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)