Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wii ?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

I want to get the kids a Wii this year for christmas....and seen them advertise for 199.00...the ? is what normally comes with them, and what do you have to buy besides the games...

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM

It will come with a controller and usually the Wii Sport collection. You will need another (or more) controllers depending on how many people will play it. We have a boxing game that requires the nunchuck. We don't have many games yet cause we just got it but the games should tell you what devices are needed for it.

canegirl0700
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Ours came with one controller and a game. Then we got a game that came with an extra controller and it was actually cheaper than going out and getting an extra controller out right.

Tazz2
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM

batteries! LOL an extra controller and some games.  When we bought our Wii, I bought a bunch of used games from gamestop because they can be returned if they don't work and I hate paying full price :)

mom22tumblebugs
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM

This. ...

The only extra things I bought was the game Wii Play b/c for $50 b/c it came with an extra wiimote.. a wiimote bought separately costs $40. And I bought an extra nunchuk $19. That is all we have needed so far, aside from games. We love Lego Star Wars! Great game for only $20. Any of the lego games are really good, but we like Star Wars the best.

I find that we RARELY need more than 2 remotes. I sometimes ask friends to bring theirs along if we are playing more than 2. You can easily synch up other remotes if needed, making it not necessary to buy extra remotes if your friend has a wii too.

If you buy a game that had the Motion accessory, you need one for each wiimote.

You will have lots of fun with the game the comes with the game system, Wii Sports. My kids always go back to bowling, golf and baseball.

Quoting canegirl0700:

Ours came with one controller and a game. Then we got a game that came with an extra controller and it was actually cheaper than going out and getting an extra controller out right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)