Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

exhausted help

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am exhausted and I have been down to around 2/3 hours of sleep a night. DD is watching Dora and I am falling asleep. I keep thinking of taking her in her room (OVERLY child proof lol) and letting her play while i pass out on the floor (due for her nap around 12). I feel horrible but I don't even want to open my eyes when I blink ... just want to keep 'em closed ... What do you mommas do when you've reached the edge of passing out but are home alone with your LOs. I'm hoping the drama on CM will keep me up till she crashes but that is probably wishful thinking

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Christy644
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Go for a walk. The fresh air will help. If oyu can jump in the shower. Get dressed, makeup and hair. It will help pass the time until nap time.

When she goes down for her nap then crash with her. Go to bed at normal time tonight.

Sorry that's all I got

Trisha-Faye
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Quoting Mommi2Kailee:

I am exhausted and I have been down to around 2/3 hours of sleep a night. DD is watching Dora and I am falling asleep. I keep thinking of taking her in her room (OVERLY child proof lol) and letting her play while i pass out on the floor (due for her nap around 12). I feel horrible but I don't even want to open my eyes when I blink ... just want to keep 'em closed ... What do you mommas do when you've reached the edge of passing out but are home alone with your LOs. I'm hoping the drama on CM will keep me up till she crashes but that is probably wishful thinking

I used to put the child in their safe room and lay down on the floor of their safe room in front of the closed door.  If you are that tired it is safest to have them in a very safe area in case you do fall asleep.

youngmamma11
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

When my daughter had her ear infection 2 weeks ago i got maybe an hour or two of sleep each night. It was awful. I put in one of her movies and she laid with me on the couch and i shut my eyes and kinda drifted off. Not passed out, i could still feel her and when she moved i woke up. I have also let her play in her room and fell asleep on the floor too, but once again not falling alseep for the day.. more just resting my eyes and taking a power nap. I have only done that a handful of times but sometimes i feel like i had to in order just to function enough.

_MommaB_
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM

i would agree with letting her play in her room and laying on the floor...if you KNOW she is safe and cant escape the room then she should be just fine...my sister lets her kids play while she rests....they are just fine lol...

combingtattoobaby girl-Isaiah-Briana-and-Eliana-

CafeMom Tickers

roxy85
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM

My husband deployed when our youngest was a month old and my toddler had a really hard transition. There were times when the toddler was waking up 5-6 times a night (the baby was sleeping through, haha). We have a love seat in our playroom and a gate at the door. I would lay down on there while my toddler entertained himself. He'd come up and make me hold something or play with him, but it gave me a chance to get a little rest and at least put my feet up.

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)