Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little long but well worth the read. Please take a few minutes.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you find this information helpful?

Options:

Yes, I had no idea of the dangers of boostering to early.

No, I haven't changed my mind.

I would like more information.

Other, Please comment and explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dimples04
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:55 AM

canegirl0700
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:06 AM

This so SAD! I had no idea that boostering too early would do this. My daughter is 8 and I still have her in a booster because she is tiny (she always has been). She is tall but skinny. My son is also in a booster and he is four, but I am thinking maybe I should get him a 6 point booster.

Dimples04
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:09 AM

A Graco Nautilus is a Good 5 point harness seat it keeps them in harness to 65lbs and boosters them in high back and no back booster mode till 100lbs.  Last seat you would need.  It is a FORWARD FACING only seat.  It is a sad story but I am glad her parents were able to warn others about the dangers.  Thanks for reading.

Quoting canegirl0700:

This so SAD! I had no idea that boostering too early would do this. My daughter is 8 and I still have her in a booster because she is tiny (she always has been). She is tall but skinny. My son is also in a booster and he is four, but I am thinking maybe I should get him a 6 point booster.

HeatherMae55
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:15 AM

It seems like it's common sense that putting a little child in a booster too early could be detrimental if they are in an accident.  :(

Poor little girl.

But this didn't change my mind about anything as my 3 yr old is still in a 5 point harness and will stay in one until he can't fit anymore.

Although a friend of mine has her daughter in a booster and she is only 3 and more petite than my son.. I think I will give her this information. 

lesssecureABVHicon.png less secure ABVH icon image by DecrainkhopesavedABVHicon.png hope saved ABVH icon image by DecrainkbeginfeelgrumpyABVHicon.png begin feel grumpy ABVH icon image by Decraink

HeatherMae55
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:19 AM

We have an Eddie Bauer 3 in one car seat.  Do you know if those are good as well?

Quoting Dimples04:

A Graco Nautilus is a Good 5 point harness seat it keeps them in harness to 65lbs and boosters them in high back and no back booster mode till 100lbs.  Last seat you would need.  It is a FORWARD FACING only seat.  It is a sad story but I am glad her parents were able to warn others about the dangers.  Thanks for reading.

Quoting canegirl0700:

INTERRACIALLOVE.jpg interracial love image by bullfrog1723

Dimples04
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM

THey are a good car seat, A booster seat is usually better when it is a independent booster meaning that is all it does.  I have the nautilus car seat for my 5 yr old DD and she will be harnessed as long as possible, but I may buy a different booster seat (Harmony booster) if her nautilus doesn't fit her well enough when the time comes.  Check the expiration dates on your car seats also and NEVER buy a second hand seat unless you trust that person with your child's life. 

Quoting HeatherMae55:

We have an Eddie Bauer 3 in one car seat.  Do you know if those are good as well?

Quoting Dimples04:

Quoting canegirl0700:

HeatherMae55
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM

OK. thank you.  I will remember that.  :) 

Quoting Dimples04:

THey are a good car seat, A booster seat is usually better when it is a independent booster meaning that is all it does.  I have the nautilus car seat for my 5 yr old DD and she will be harnessed as long as possible, but I may buy a different booster seat (Harmony booster) if her nautilus doesn't fit her well enough when the time comes.  Check the expiration dates on your car seats also and NEVER buy a second hand seat unless you trust that person with your child's life. 

Quoting HeatherMae55:

Quoting Dimples04:

Quoting canegirl0700:

INTERRACIALLOVE.jpg interracial love image by bullfrog1723

Dimples04
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)