Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for a learning game for a 2 year old...any advice?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM
  • 7 Replies

SO wants to buy DD a leap frog or vtech learning system.  we have also considered a computer game. 

any advice or experience with any of these?

thanks

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Don't waste your money on the Vsmile. My kids had one and it stopped working after a few months... and the little portable one, stopped working after 4 weeks!

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

mom22tumblebugs
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:02 AM

2 yr old is too young IMO.... but if you must. Leapster and then order the Letter Factory cartridge from the Leapfrog website.  Vsmile would only frustrate your child and is better for the 4-6 age group.

abenirichelle
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:07 AM

ty i talked him out of a vtech last night, but he was mad that we didn't get it.  i thought she was too young, but he doesn't think so.

ElShaddi
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I have the Vmotion and my 2yr old and 3yr old love it. Leapfrog has some wonderful DVD that my kids have learned a lot from. 

willswifey
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I have a 2 year old too, I think he is too young for those things, I mean sure he could mess around on it but I don't think he would benefit just yet.

mnmsmom2008
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:11 AM

www.starfall.com

My oldest daughter just turned 5 and she knows all her letters and the sounds they make and has recently started reading.  The only "game" really I used was the starfall website and then I started using a lot of the ideas from this website.

www.kidzone.ws

We gave our v-smile away, neither of our kids really much liked it but we do have several leapfrog products and love all of them.

*** Just wanted to add that my 2 year old can operate the starfall website pretty independently, there are a few things she still needs help with.

minimom11107
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM

My advice... don't waste your money. DS has a V Tech somthing or other and really doesn't understand the whole "I push this button here and something happens on that screen there" thing. He's almost 3 and still doesn't play with it. He's also got a plug and play and another V Tech toy and computer games non of which were worth the money. By the time he understands the concept he'll be on to more advanced levels of learning so they won't even come in handy down the road.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)