Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving dinner

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM
  • 3 Replies

this is my first time making thanksgiving dinner for my in laws. I actully go to my aunts house for dinner but this year we are reconnecting with his mom after a year of problems. i dont know what to make. i know the turkey (of course), mashed patatoes, the stuffing and an apple pie. What else?? What do you make with your dinner and how do you do it??? I really thank you for the help.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM

In addition to what you have listed we would make green bean casserole or a broccoli cheese casserole, fresh carrots cooked in brown sugar or maple syrup, maybe some baked sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon sugar too.  Also don't forget cranberry sauce, I make mine but the can is fine too!

mnmsmom2008
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Buttercup squash, cook until tender and add butter and brown sugar to taste.

Deviled eggs

Green bean casserole (I don't like it so I make green beans with a can of cream of mushroom soup added (just the soup, no milk))

Pumpkin pie or pumpkin rolls

Cranberry salad of some sort (I make mine with black cherry jello (half the liquid called for and let it almost set up) and add apples, walnuts and a can of cranberry)

don't forget the gravy and dinner rolls too!!  Have fun, I love cooking for Turkey Day!!

Trisha-Faye
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I have made Thanksgiving for my family for the last 20 yrs.  (my mom was not a good cook)  All the extended family would come to my house and I cooked everything.  This year we are going to Golden Corral.  It will just be my, my dh and our youngest son. 

Here is my menu (let me know if you want any of the recipes)

Turkey ( the secret is to use a cooking bag and prepare by rubbing olive oil over skin and making 6 slits in the breast and stuffing a pat of butter and a bay leaf in each slit, then season with you fave combo of herbs and spices.)

Sweet Potato Casserole (has a struedle type topping)

Mashed Potatoes

Asparagus

Green Bean Casserole

Homemade Egg Noodles in Gravy

Stuffing in the bird

Sausage and Mushroom baked dressing

7 layer Salad

Deviled Eggs

Homemade rolls

Frozen Cranberry Fluff

Pumpkin Eggnog Pie

Pecan Pie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)