Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think women want children more (and more children) then men?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

It seems like in my life all of the couples I know the women are always the ones jockeying to start having kids to begin with, to have the second kid, to have a greater number of kids then the men would choose. The men on the other hand want kids but don't seem to have that drive that women do. So what do you think?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inspain
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Yes.  Of course. 

The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions, is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble and that is what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting shit dead wrong. - Bill Maher
hfs1998
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Not the case in my marriage.  My dh is always ready for more kids!  I'm pregnant now and my first thought was "oh no, what have I done?!?" and his first thought was "YAAAYYYY!!!!!"  lol!  Now I am happy being pg but he is the one who wants more and more kids.  Probably because he is a big kid himself and enjoys the company. ;)

imechard
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Not in my household. I would have been content without children. DH always wanted kids and convinced me. I am happy that I have them and I love them, but my life would have been fine without kids. But I love being a mommy. We both want a big family, but will probably keep it at three kids, due to age and money.

I do feel that most women want children more than men 

newagemom700
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I don't think so....at least not in my situation. Our first son was unexpected...so neither had a choice there, and our second....wasnt planned but wasnt prevented either...it was just a matter of time, but no official planning went into it....I am still pregnant with DS2...and DF is already talking about having more....which I dont want, at least not soon, if at all.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM

My husband told me he was ready to have a baby. I wasn't yet. But definetly the second was all me.

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy ticker
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM

When we had our boys, both of us were in agreement.  It wasn't one convincing or more excited than the other.  After we had them, I was done, he actually wanted one more to try for a girl.  Lucky for him, it was a girl because there wouldn't have been a 4th.

krista778
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM

In my case SO was the one who wanted kids and I didn't and don't want more but he does. I think it depends on the people, but for the most part it is the women.

NessaLovesEmma
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:22 PM

My husband wanted more as did I, but my pregnancy was horrific so we decided to just have the one. We both want the same thing...

illiana707
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I think it is some biological drive. Animals have it why not humans? I just wonder why it hits women more.  I have NEVER heard a single 30 year old man lamenting about how he wants a baby. But obviously for some of the pp that theory doesn't ring true.

NikiAnne
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM

With the people I know, it seems pretty split. I REALLY want another and dh isn't quite on board yet. I have 2 other friends who really want babies and it's their dh's who aren't so sure. Yet I also have 3-4 friends who were okay with being done but it as their hubby who really wanted more. Then I know several where it was completely mutual. So, it seems like it would be more women than men, but that isn't always true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)