Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sahm with kids in daycare?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM
  • 59 Replies

I work 4 days a week, my son is in daycare for rhose 4 days.

There are kids in his daycare whose mothers dont work, So i was confused as to why the kids went to daycare while there mothers stayed home.

I have heard some people say daycare is good at letting them learn social skills and teaching them things they will need to know

I don't think i could send my son off to daycare while i stayed at home even if he only went a few days a week ,i would feel guilty i guess. Do you think it is necessary for kids to around other kids in order to gain social skills?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rayzensun
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:20 PM

what do you care?

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
chair.r13
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Yes. I think in order to learn social you have to be social. When my son turns 3 I will be sending him to a Mother's day out in our town for 1 day a week.

rayzensun
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM

if a mom wants her child to be around other children for a few hours a day-

let's just say i'm not going to be the one calling cps....

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
Vandyswife
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I do think Social Skills are important... but you can gain those for your children at play groups and such!!!!

I think parents who send their kids to day care then go home and dont do anything are completly lazy..

there are nly a few scenearios that make it okay for me...

-maybe mom is pregnant and high risk

maybe mom WORKS from home

maybe mom is disabled or another child in the home is and requires too much of moms attention

marineswashing dishesfloating in pool

Dad- United States Marine, Mom- Stay-At-Home-Mommy, Courtney- Birthday March 11, 2009

chair.r13
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I'm guessing this issue will not keep her up at night and she won't be picketing the daycares to stop it. She just wanted to discuss...

lol at least I hope it isn't true OP lol

Quoting rayzensun:

what do you care?

alwaysyoung

I am a sham and my son is in pre school. He only goes 3 hours a day five days a week. I think it is very important for kids to have friends and be around other kids daily.Now I don't think I could do a whole day of pre school though.

MNLETLE

No. I'm a SAHM and I have 2 kids. I'm only 20 and I have a few friends that also have kids. None of them stay home full time, but many work very little or in the evening. I have a few friends that put their child in day care in the morning and sleep or go shopping. Then pick them up and drop them off at relatives houses so they can work! I can't believe. Even if I worked a few evenings a week I sure wouldn't have my kid in day care for the MORNING so I could do whatever I wanted.

...and No I don't think it necessary for kids to go to day care to be socialized. Some moms may genuinely put their child in daycare for that reason, but I think many do it for a break and use that as the excuse. My DD and DS get socialization other ways. Though activities, the playground..etc.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

willswifey
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I don't see a problem with a mother day out kinda thing where it's one day of the week it would be so nice to get some errands done without the boys. AHH one can hope right? pssh I am sure it's too expensive for us.. so I will be dragging them along for every single errand I do for the rest of my life LOL

01.Amey.07

What is the difference in that and Parent's Day Out or Mother's Day Out? Or play dates where you drop them off at a friends for a few hrs a day? I have a little girl in my care right now who comes 3 days a week. Her mom doesn't work. But she pays me to keep her so that she can have friends to play with and not be bored at home all day with just her mom.

Austinsmommy198

Quoting Vandyswife:

I do think Social Skills are important... but you can gain those for your children at play groups and such!!!!

I think parents who send their kids to day care then go home and dont do anything are completly lazy..

there are nly a few scenearios that make it okay for me...

-maybe mom is pregnant and high risk

maybe mom WORKS from home

maybe mom is disabled or another child in the home is and requires too much of moms attention

Who says they go home and do nothing? They probably go home and clean and I think daycare is a good thing. Teaches kids lots of stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)