Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

re: gender roles...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM
  • 0 Replies

I think people except and always do what has always been done before just because they know that that road is tried and may be true.  Not choosing to take the least traveled path.

They never know until they are forced into a situation where they are forced to do it differently.  Husband becomes terminally ill or through death.  OR these days because of economy, they get laid off because their company closes.  Then they guy has trouble finding employment if he is older and made alot of money and had insurance becaus no part time job will want to hire him.

People have trouble making changes, they dont like to.  But these days its a different story, it depends on the household you are brought up in.  Now there are same gendered relationships with children, and women from strong mom roles are stepping up to take over the money making  in the family while some dads do a part time and raise the kids.

Making change is easier on new generations once the older generations have died out.  Theya re more flexible depending again on their background.

Like say joan of arc, look at how she was not accepted.  They loved her leading but anything else was seen as a threat to their manhood.  It takes a man brought up to respect a woman, or any human being for their individual strengths and their weakneses.

And too many people men and women are feeling their own insecurities and guilts they done adapt or pas on healthy feelings about themselves let alone to have healthy feelings about others.

Until as sisters we women develop healthy good relationships with  each other and about our selves and teach the world to do it back, it will not happen all at one.  Just here and their where the few healthy women actually are.

I write for the Examiner, Roller Derby

Favorite me, subscribe to me.
http://www.examiner.com/x-29340-Atlanta-Roller-Derby-Examiner
http://cherryberrylemonlime.blogspot.com/

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)