Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you buy something like this?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM
  • 15 Replies

would you buy something like this?

im making these as gifts, but my husband suggested i start selling them as well...

just curious about what others think :)

if you WOULD buy them, how much would you pay for each? what if it was a complete set with matching bead bracelet and earrings ?

thanks for any opinions :)

*these are the only 2 i have finished.. so its all i have to post*

they are full necklaces... the beads go all the way up to the clasp..

CLICK HERE to follow me to the group to help Celebrate Cafemoms 3rd Birthday

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM

They're very cute. As a rule of thumb, when I make my crafts to sell, I take the price it cost me and double it. I don't know how other people do it. If it doesn't cost much, you could mark it up even more. But I know that it costs me anywhere from $6-10 to make a tutu (unless I get the items on sale), and I sell them for $18-$25.

24 year old, God loving, tutu makin momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

mommy2_2008
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM

They are cute, but i dont wear necklaces much. but i probably wouldnt pay over 10$ for it.  

.oOMellyOo.
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Depends on what kids of beads they are.... I use crystal and semi precious stones, and hand blown glass.... so my stuff as bit on the pricey side I sell mine from 50-80 and I do have some that go up from there for custom order. I also do Russian Lace which I charge 150 for, not because of the material, but the time.

Follow me to Army Wives

ToriBabe1221
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

ooo id love to see pictures of your work if you dont mind? sounds beautiful!!

right now, im using cheaper materials since i just started... if i take this seriously and go somewhere with it, id like to use better materials and such...

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Depends on what kids of beads they are.... I use crystal and semi precious stones, and hand blown glass.... so my stuff as bit on the pricey side I sell mine from 50-80 and I do have some that go up from there for custom order. I also do Russian Lace which I charge 150 for, not because of the material, but the time.

ToriBabe1221
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM

im a post killer :(

Arlyah
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM

No, I would not.

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Quoting Arlyah:

No, I would not.

Silvia1011
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:06 PM

They are cute and thoughtful as gifts, but no... I wouldn't go out and buy one of these necklaces.  Not my taste. 

ToriBabe1221
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM

thanks for the honest replies :) appreciate it!

wouldnt want to make a ton of them and not sell them, lol

what if... they were more intricate? i have a million ideas in my head.. but i got to make my gifts before i can play around more..

is it because they are beaded that you dont like them?

any input would be awesome!!

i promise i have thick skin LOL

la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Honestly? I would buy one if they cost $10 or less. My reason is not the way they look because to be perfectly honest, I love them! I just wouldn't wear it too often and I hate spending money on things we don't use often. LOL, just my style and my honest opinion! 

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, soul mate and best friend & Proud mommy of a beautiful princess and handsome little toddler prince!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)