Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People like these shouldnt have kids..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

Yesterday I came to the stop sign right at thecorner of my house and waved at my neighbor.My dd (2.5) said theres D*l(the neighbors grandson),I looked around and seen a little blonde boy running down the road.Not only was this boy smaller than D*L but I know his grandma would not let him close to the road.I drove realy slowly to my driveway and this boy jumps in my ditch and starts shaking.I pull in the drive way look around for an adult and like 8 houses down there is a woman hollering,I ask if its her son and she says  no but he has been running up and down the street. I asked the little boy to come with me so I could carry my dd in the house.He did.I asked where his mom was and he said work and daddy was at home and pointed down the rd.The boy was about 2 0r 3  and had no shoes on,sweat pants and long sleve onesie that  was unbuttoned,his feet were black,and his toes were bleeding.The lady across the street asked me if I was taking him home I said IDk what to do she said we should cakll the police,I walked over to her house and she called.The little boy said mommy was working and daddy was sleeping so he ate candy.I figured out where he lived and his parents from what I have heard are on drugs.The police lady took the boy home and beat on the door for 2-3 minutes before he opened the door and she was telling him the boy was up to the top of the hill and he looked up there and she said hes in the car now!!I I dont know what else was said bc we lefy but it breaks my heart thinking about this boy.I almost ran over him,This is a busy street that people dont sto pat the stop signs and they fly by here...

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyoftwo103
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM

That's crazy! I'm glad you called the police..

mrimli
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM

wow, i hope they do a thorough investigation before they let this boy back with his parents.  poor baby.

mom2BOYZnDad
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Poor little guy.  I hope everything is worked out.  I would be worried out of my mind too seeing a LO out by himself like that.  Good for you for doing the right thing.  Breaks my heart just knowing that people can be that careless and clueless about their young children.

livingrlovesong
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Quoting mrimli:

wow, i hope they do a thorough investigation before they let this boy back with his parents.  poor baby.

The sad thing is, in a lot of places unless there is physical evidence of the child being beaten they won't do anything about it. This poor kid sounds just like the kids that live across the street. I would guess they are both under the age of 5. I came home one day and the boy was laying on a skateboard in the middle of the street. Then one day they came over and were trying to get into the pool (we live at an apt complex, but its very open with a  pool in the middle of all of the buildings.) So my aunt (the manager) went over and tried to talk to the parents, whos responce was "FU*K off." Wow nice. She called the police who came out and talked to them, but told my aunt the have other cases and until there was phyiscal evidence that they children were not safe, they coudn't do anything. The officer was almost in tears because she could see that they weren't safe there. Its just sad. And like you said (OP) there are just some people that should be allowed to reproduce! Those poor kids!

Randi- One Blessed MaMa & Soon To Be Wife
      in love   toddler girl   baby boy

Randi & Caleb   Emma Grace   Ethan Carter
          4*7*06         4*15*07       10*17*09

eku_mommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

sad thing is they probably won't.....there would be less killings from neglect and abuse if they investigated more thoroughly but they don't. (this is my opinion I don't have facts backing my opinion up) But I feel so sorry for that little guy. Then again I feel sorry for my children cause I'm sick and can't play with them...even getting excited raises my heart rate where I can't breathe so I dunno....but if I were you I would have done the same thing but I would have told the police officer everything I knew and heard about the boys parents..that is sad....what it someone had taken him and hurt him or if you would have hit him? I'm sorry you had to experience that. This makes me want to go hug my children extra tight when they get home...

Quoting mrimli:

Lindasmama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I dont know what will be done .The officer didnt ask many questions just where he lived and his name.If anything was done I will read about it next week in the paper and will let evryone know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)