Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it too early?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

So my ex SO (the father of my DS) and I broke up about 2 weeks ago. I moved back with my parents. I started talking to a guy who I was friends with in highschool. We have become close and talk a lot and see each other on the weekends.  We have talked about relationships and both agreed that we want to take it slow. My question is is it too early for this? And how do I intorduce him to my son and vice versa?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
De_Chick
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I think its a little bit early to jump into a new relationship.  

I_never_regret
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:37 PM

idk> lol me and my husband broke up maybe a week ago . I talked to an old friend and its just that butterfly feeling that I normally don't get. We haven't talked about a relationship but he is coming up the day before thanksgiving for us to hang out.

BEFORE i get bashed.  Yes we are getting a divorce. We are going when he has his half of the money. which wil lbe either this week or next week.

Austinsmommy198
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Quoting De_Chick:

I think its a little bit early to jump into a new relationship.  

We aren't going into a relationship just talking, but I wanted to know if it was too early to even be talking with this person.

Ziggy-Stardust
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Its a little soon but i think its fine if you take it very slow. I would wait a while before introducing him to your son though. 

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Austinsmommy198
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Quoting I_never_regret:

idk> lol me and my husband broke up maybe a week ago . I talked to an old friend and its just that butterfly feeling that I normally don't get. We haven't talked about a relationship but he is coming up the day before thanksgiving for us to hang out.

BEFORE i get bashed.  Yes we are getting a divorce. We are going when he has his half of the money. which wil lbe either this week or next week.

Sounds totally like my situation. lol this other guy is totally different (in a god way) from my ex so laid back and not a care in the world

krista778
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I think if its only been two weeks its still considered a rebound. I would try being just friends for awhile longer before even thinking about another relationship.

I_never_regret
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Honestly.. Me and my husband we don't get along.. We get along better when we are split up. Which im okay with cuz i would rather it this way then us fighting non stop. But like i started to talk to this friend and its like wow.. they really aren't ALL the same!  its the whole butterfly in your stomach.. nervous when u talk to them. He is even gonna come up a day ealier then planned just to hang out Cuz i have to work thanksgiving and the day after.  But anyways I feel for ya. I honestly don't think its to soon to talk to someone. Your jumping into a relationship.. Your taking it slow. it's not like you already dropped your panties for him.

Quoting Austinsmommy198:

Quoting I_never_regret:

Sounds totally like my situation. lol this other guy is totally different (in a god way) from my ex so laid back and not a care in the world

newagemom700
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM

there is nothing wrong with being friends and talking, however I would wait to introduce DS....IMO.

Juliekat23

If you want to jump into a relationship slowly, go ahead.  Thats all YOU mama.  If you are comfortable, go for it.  My parents did and they have been married for 28 years.  If you feel okay about it, then its okay. 

However, DONT introduce him to your son.  Except as a friend.  And if you are friends in front of your son-leave it at that.  Dont make out or kiss or hold hands.  It will confuse him so much.  Especially if this doesn't work out.  Because then you will move on to another man and your son will keep seeing and getting attached to different men and keep getting disappointed.  Dont treat it like a new little family unit yet.  Wait until you know for sure its going to become one.

CafeMom Tickers

RorysMom119

Quoting krista778:

I think if its only been two weeks its still considered a rebound. I would try being just friends for awhile longer before even thinking about another relationship.

I have to agree here. I went through a similar situation right after I broke up w my DD's father. It ended up just being rebound, and now things are weird. I'd be friends, but make sure you keep it at that friend level for a couple months before even thinking about a relationship Not sure if you're the same way I am, but I tend to say "just talking," but I think & act like I'm with the person to at least a small degree. Just be careful. Focus on making the transition from mommy & daddy together to broken up easier for your son. Whenever it's time, you'll know if you're ready. GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)