Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice needed please....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

We're selling our king bed on craigslist. What do you think we should sell it for? It includes a box springs and rails (they don't have the wheels though). This money would be for our Christmas shopping. Thanks so much!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
YoungMommy182
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:03 PM

no offense but it looks like it has pee stains. maybe 150 ?

angelove8
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Yes..it does...we bought it like that. We bought it for $150. I was trying to sell it for $100. Should I raise the price? I was thinking about selling it for $80. Or is that too cheap?

Quoting YoungMommy182:

no offense but it looks like it has pee stains. maybe 150 ?

wickdprincess
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM

It's stained.  It should be thrown out.  That's pretty gross.  

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I would think $40 maybe $50. I don;t realy know if theres a market for used stained beds though.

MomofWildcats
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I wouldn't but it with stains.... in fact if the mattress is more then 5 years old I would buy it... with ours when we get rid of them we freecycle them... I am just weird about  a used mattress from a stranger it's too personal for me but I would look on craigslist and see what other are selling them for in your case. Not everyone is going to feel the same way I do.

Mel30248
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Honestly I wouldnt pay that much for it maybe $75 that's because it has stains on it. So what I would do is price it at $100 & when the person calls they most likely will try to talk you down so if you can get $75 or $80 out of it then that is what you were expecting & they think they talked you down & that they got a good deal! Good Luck

YoungMommy182
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM

it may be gross but there are people that are really in need and would buy it for a cheap price. King beds price from 400 up! so i'd say try selling it and see what kind of feedback you get. try 150 and if u get no one lower it to 100 or 80

Quoting wickdprincess:

It's stained.  It should be thrown out.  That's pretty gross.  

De_Chick
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I honestly didnt' even think it was legal to sell used mattresses?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)