Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question (for a friend)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

okay so i was talking to a dear friend of mine last night who is also a member on cafemom too. she was telling me that the people who runs the shop under her apartment is complaining about her 1.5 y/o dd and 2.5 y/o ds  running through the apartment and making noise. this is during the damn day and the people already filed a complaint. the landlord that is renting the apartment to her family said nothing about it plus he owns the whole damn building and has a toddler himself. can she get in trouble for her kids being kids while in their own place??? she has no yard for them to play in and it is too freakin cold to take them out to play. thanks in advance.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rebeccaroe
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM

idk for sure, but i wouldn't worry unless the landlord says something

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM

If they're in their apartment - i doubt it (i live in an apt also so i know what shes going thru) .. but if its a hallway than yes they can do something. my neighbors got evicted by their kids played inthe hallway - its a violation of the lease , making excessive noice in the hallway, blocking the hallway exits and residents doors (if a fire broke out we had no way to get out) -- and i turned them in once , i was trying to leave for a drs apt , was carrying the car seat , diaper bag , and my purse and i opened the door and tripped and fell over toys of theirs! 

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/2008-2009-photo-and-video

*Do you love hip-hop music? Come join my hip-hop hunnies group & keep hip-hop alive!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/hip-hop-hunnies

alouya21
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:27 PM

there is no hallway for my kids to run in cause there is only 2 apartment and they are side by side and have there own entrance. it is a beauty shop that is down stairs and they compain about everything

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

If they're in their apartment - i doubt it (i live in an apt also so i know what shes going thru) .. but if its a hallway than yes they can do something. my neighbors got evicted by their kids played inthe hallway - its a violation of the lease , making excessive noice in the hallway, blocking the hallway exits and residents doors (if a fire broke out we had no way to get out) -- and i turned them in once , i was trying to leave for a drs apt , was carrying the car seat , diaper bag , and my purse and i opened the door and tripped and fell over toys of theirs! 

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:29 PM

how the hell would they hear it?! beauty shops are loud , lol all the chatter and driers! oh my ... i would brush it off until the landlord says something , i mean they're kids , being kids ... its not like is u , an adult , running around banging on crap!

Quoting alouya21:

there is no hallway for my kids to run in cause there is only 2 apartment and they are side by side and have there own entrance. it is a beauty shop that is down stairs and they compain about everything

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!

*Do you love hip-hop music? Come join my hip-hop hunnies group & keep hip-hop alive!

alouya21
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM

i know, but they are saying that they are loosing there customers from the noise. there is even a restaurant next door to them.  and they say that the kids are  alright they love them

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

how the hell would they hear it?! beauty shops are loud , lol all the chatter and driers! oh my ... i would brush it off until the landlord says something , i mean they're kids , being kids ... its not like is u , an adult , running around banging on crap!

Quoting alouya21:

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:49 PM

than honestly , fuck em! they obviously hate something about you / your family! my neighbor used to turn me in for shit i didnt do all the time! she would put her garbage in front of my door and say its mine ... put dirty diapers under my car and say they were mine (fyi my son was in draws than , and i didnt have my daughter yet!) ... what else ... uhm ciggerette buts (i dont smoke) , everything!!!! found out later , she hated me bc although my sons dad and i wasnt together , we had a good relationship and he hlped w/ alot , so did my dad , and i had alot of brand new things and she was jealous

Quoting alouya21:

i know, but they are saying that they are loosing there customers from the noise. there is even a restaurant next door to them.  and they say that the kids are  alright they love them

alouya21
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM

i am ignoring them. but my sister work with the owners sister. so she hears everything

his_babydoll
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

than honestly , fuck em! they obviously hate something about you / your family! my neighbor used to turn me in for shit i didnt do all the time! she would put her garbage in front of my door and say its mine ... put dirty diapers under my car and say they were mine (fyi my son was in draws than , and i didnt have my daughter yet!) ... what else ... uhm ciggerette buts (i dont smoke) , everything!!!! found out later , she hated me bc although my sons dad and i wasnt together , we had a good relationship and he hlped w/ alot , so did my dad , and i had alot of brand new things and she was jealous

Quoting alouya21:

what a bitch she was!!!!  sorry you went through that. i know the feeling because my oldest was only 2 months old, it was snowing bad, and we were going to my in-laws because it was dh's bday and mil was fixing a dinner for him and the people that use to live across the road from us said that we were speeding out of the trailer park and the owner of the park jumped us ieven though it wasn't true.

canegirl0700
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM

What assholes! I seriously doubt they are losing customers, or that they can even hear them! Salons are loud as hell between the blow driers, hair washing, talking, laughing, pedicure chairs, etc. They are just being difficult.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM

it seems all the bitchy people get moved to the buidling im in!

Quoting his_babydoll:

what a bitch she was!!!!  sorry you went through that. i know the feeling because my oldest was only 2 months old, it was snowing bad, and we were going to my in-laws because it was dh's bday and mil was fixing a dinner for him and the people that use to live across the road from us said that we were speeding out of the trailer park and the owner of the park jumped us ieven though it wasn't true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)