Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man Bashing

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

Does it bug anyone else? I hate phrases like "all men are pigs" or when a man does something stupid someone always says "that's a man for you!" Etc.  I think it's stupid. When a guy does something stupid it's not because he's a man, it's because he's a person who made a mistake.
Or the stupid shirts, wallets, notebooks, key chains,etc offered at Claire's with sayings such as "Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" or "Boys are smelly"  I wouldn't let my (non existent) little boy wear things that degrade girls, why on earth would I let my daughters do it? Why is it okay?

This post it basically pointless, more of an airing of an annoyance. I just really hate man bashing.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I agree with you.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I'm glad someone does LOL

Quoting jillbailey26:

I agree with you.

Crazy4Mustangs
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:17 PM

It goes both ways, just because men don't have a keychian that says "girls are stupid" doesn't mean it isn't said as much, if not more, then women say things about men. So a woman says "that's a man for you" Big deal! So it's ok for men to tell a woman to "get into the kitchen where she belongs"? Or when they say things about "women can't drive that well simply because they aren't men"? All that stuff is alright?

CafeMom Tickers
vatofamily
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:17 PM

While I don't agree with the shirts, I grew up with a dad who constantly told us girls that all boys are stupid---and that included him.  We thought it was funny and Dad still tells us that to this day even though we are both married with kids of our own.  I have sons now and I'll probably teach them some funny negative thing about women because that's just how we roll in the family.

tashamomof3grls
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM

exactly.  my husband says its my job to cook and clean and take care of the girls, even though he is the one not working!!!!!

Quoting Crazy4Mustangs:

It goes both ways, just because men don't have a keychian that says "girls are stupid" doesn't mean it isn't said as much, if not more, then women say things about men. So a woman says "that's a man for you" Big deal! So it's ok for men to tell a woman to "get into the kitchen where she belongs"? Or when they say things about "women can't drive that well simply because they aren't men"? All that stuff is alright?

anetrnlov
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I agree with you and it bugs the hell out of me.

I usually make a point to mention that my husband isn't as described so it possibly can't be all men.

I have even been accused of being a man on more then one occasion for going against the man hating on Cafemom.

wedding website

MomofWildcats
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Oh I beg to differ.. haha! Dh is suppose to be fixing our hot water heater and for a week he has been asking all his buddies what they think... they will stare at the damn thing like its going to see "hey y'all I need a thermostat" I finally lost patience and googled it and decided it needed a thermostat and then went to Lowes last night... I am still waiting for him to ask his buddies about how to put the screws on.

That is totally a MAN thing... but on the other hand women are catty bitches.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I know it goes both ways, I'm not blind. If a man belittles a woman, he's a sexist pig. It seems more universally accepted to bash men.  And I don't understand why.

n03z07l08

i think its pretty much a proven fact that men and woman think differently. Something things that MOST woman would find to be common sense MOST men wouldnt have a clue about and vice versa. Something that might seem like a huge mistake to MOST woman might seem like no big deal to MOST men. You cannot deny that men and woman definitly are different lol. I use MOST because theres always exceptions to the rule

anetrnlov

Gee, I don't recall her saying or suggesting that those comments were okay.

Quoting Crazy4Mustangs:

wedding website

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)