Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

switching to milk

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

My daughter turned a year so how do I start milk?

could I just give her whole milk or mix it with formula?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
halosmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I havent started this, i will be soon.(shes 8 months)

But i believe you mix it with formula. Ill be asking my daughters pedi on te 25th for her 9 month checkup. Sorry im not help. But bump

sunshine21pa
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Thanks! 

Purtyred
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I started my son earlier but I started with small bottles of warm milk during meals and kept using formula for in between...gradually switching all the way to milk. He loved his very warm too, almost hot...and loved it...it didn't take long before he wouldn't take the formula at all. Still loves it and he's 16...heh.

kimber2431
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:22 PM

i started by doing 3/4 milk and adding water the rest of the way and all my children turned out fine , most ppl on here though ive noticed mix it with formula

MomofWildcats
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM

I just switched to milk but some people do like 50/50 milk and formula.

afallingstar741
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I just recently did this myself. I mixed it at first..... for a week or so..and one day at breakfast, I gave him straight milk, and things are good.

LaurenM2107
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I mixed it 50/50 for about a week, then just switched over completely.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM

i just did warm milk with a dash of sugar so he would easily accept it... wouldnt formula in whole milk be too thick??

.oOMellyOo.
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM

you use the older baby infant formula....

Follow me to Army Wives

nemiller
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:36 PM

i just started giving my son a little milk everyday when he weaned at 15 months.  i was breastfeeding, so i didn't bother starting him on milk before weaning.  i started off slow, maybe an ounce or two with breakfast.  he didn't want milk at first, so i didn't push it.  he was about 18 months before he would drink even a whole cup once a day.  now he drinks 8-16 oz a day, depending on his mood.  sometimes he doesn't want it, and sometimes that's all he wants (even though i still cut him off after he's had 16 ounces).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)