Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The fridge

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

so i kno one of these days my dd is gonna make a HUGE mess, shes known for a while how to open the fridge and lately has been going in and getting milk or one day she grabbed a pitcher of koolaid and ijust have to put it back but it scares me cause some of its heavy and she kinda struggles lol and im just waiting for it to slip an the mess im gonna have to clean up..... in our old apt we had the little lock on the side but she figured out how to push the button in while pulling (we tried our hardest for her not to see us do it lol cause we knew shed figure it out lol she goes in there n pulls out things she wants to eat n stuff lol, so how many mini fridge raiders are out there lol and how many have made messes???

having a baby

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MissiHampt
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM

When my son was younger we dedicated a lower shelf just to things he could have.  He knew not to mess with other things, just "his stuff".  As for heavy items, I would put milk in a smaller pitcher (almost like a creamer pitcher) so he could handle pouring it by himself....and if there was a spill, at least it was a small one.  My kid is one of those ones who's SO independent it's ridiculous....doing things for him is not an option when he wants to do it himself....

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

Cecilias_mommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM

my dd is getting to that where she wants to do everything herself, even when i share my cereal she has to hold my spoon lol lately ive let her hold hte cup while i pour the drink it lest her be involved but not about to make a mess lol

Quoting MissiHampt:

When my son was younger we dedicated a lower shelf just to things he could have.  He knew not to mess with other things, just "his stuff".  As for heavy items, I would put milk in a smaller pitcher (almost like a creamer pitcher) so he could handle pouring it by himself....and if there was a spill, at least it was a small one.  My kid is one of those ones who's SO independent it's ridiculous....doing things for him is not an option when he wants to do it himself....

having a baby

robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM

my 3 year old loves to open the fridge and sit there with the door open and if I tell her to close it she gets mad at me and slams the door shut..I have the kind of fridge that has the freezer on the left side and the fridge on the right side and there is a thing that looks like a step to her and stands right up on that. I cant really do anything to the fridge like putting a lock on it..it is a stainless steel fridge( I hate it hard to keep clean with kids always putting hands on it...lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)