Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog Pinkeye?? Any remedies?????

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM
  • 1 Replies

My chiweenie, Cupcakes has dog pink eye i think. The bottom of her eye is really red and swollen and it is watering more than usual. We rinsed it and Ive been wiping away the discharge so her eye isn't sticky. Any thoughts or info helps if you've been through this before. Thanks. It looks better today than it did yesterday, but I wanna know if there is anything else to help.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MissiHampt
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Antibiotic drops are the best thing.  I had pink eye once and was told that I'd probably gotten it at work, because apparently it's transmittable from dog to human and vice versa, so be careful.  I was not allowed to work for 3 days after starting the antibiotic drops.

Swelling of just the eyelid in a dog can also be something more serious, like cherry eye that needs a surgical fix.  Better safe than sorry as far as having it looked at.

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)