Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it really about life itself or the soul?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

what do you say about the scientists that are trying to transform the stem cells from a fertilized egg into an organ (liver, kidney, intestines)

so it technically was a life that was just transformed into something that gives more life?

(and yes I know they are no where close to doing this-)

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KristaP13
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I think it's awesome :)

Hopefully they can master it sometime in the near future.

I'm a 20 year old, spoiling my daughter with love, Small town living, walmart shoppingresearch b4 vaxing, fuel efficient car driving, anti-fast food & soda, chasing my toddler instead leashing her, giving her carrots instead of cookies, former varsity athlete, making my husbands dinner every night from scratch,Vampire book collecting, Fairy Tale Loving, Camping & canoeing, Atheist Mom, who loves my family more than anything in the world. 

& I beat the Monster aka Smoking addiction...

tha-hawt-mommie

good post =) 

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/2008-2009-photo-and-video

*Do you love hip-hop music? Come join my hip-hop hunnies group & keep hip-hop alive!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/hip-hop-hunnies

HeatherMae55

I say go for it..  Of course I'm pro-choice..

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

SGJsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I have done zero research on this, so I have no clue, but I will give you a bump because I am interested in seeing what people have to say.

rayzensun
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM

is it really about life itself or the soul?

kk_bella
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I'm pro-choice.

I am for stem cell research.

I do not think, however, that we should just create embryo's in labs for this purpose, I simply don't see a need for it.

I think that stem cells should come from fetuses of women who abort and choose to donate them which would be basically automatic and women could opt out.Abortions will continue to exist regardless of what laws we have in place. Abortion is legal and will continue to be. Keep it safe. Keep it legal. Stem cells are already saving lives.

kimmie1019
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Quoting rayzensun:

Can I just say I Love You!!!!!!!!!!!! There I said it!

GoddessAnna
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I've read that the most promising results have all come from adult stem cells.  I mean, they're dumping money into embryonic stem cells, but there have not been any real, workable positive results from this research - just the promise that the next breakthrough is around the corner.  Meanwhile, adult stem cells have had actual, tangible results.  I think I'll stick with the adult cells for the time being - I have ethical problems with using anything taken from embryos, even ones that will never grow into adults (whether by natural or artificial abortion).

I will never be a perfect mother -  It's taken me years to be okay with that.

Instead, I am the type of mother my children need me to be - full of love, random trivia, and stocked with hoards of candy fish.

rayzensun
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM

lol I love you too!

Quoting kimmie1019:

Quoting rayzensun:

Can I just say I Love You!!!!!!!!!!!! There I said it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)