Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i cut my mom off?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: what would you do ?

Options:

cut her off for awhile

cut her off for good

keep contact limited

Give her one last chance

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

some of you know me and how my mother is severely paranoid and is bipolar. she is just all and all a very toxic person.

But she keeps laying guilt tirps how she misses my son... yet if i offer to go over there she turns it down.

I want my father to be able to see his grandchild. I do love my mom always will shes my mother. I just don't know if i want my son to experience the up and down roller coaster that is my mother.

I of course would never leave her alone with him, but should i cutt her off completely?

what would you do?

_summary of my mother and mine history_

she took off a lot.

she did abuse me more then once.

she has been committed more then once, after having psychotic violent out burst

She dated my ex b/f he was 17 she was 39. Moved him in to a house My father I and her lived in.

She refuses to be medicated.

Domestic Violence,Rape, Childhood Sexual abuse, Multiple sclerosis, Epilepsy, Stroke on my right side, Bi-polor, Anorexia, Child loss, I have survived this and more at only 22 years of age. Yet I still smile everyday, Do you? PM me if you ever need or want to talk.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wells75904
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I wouldnt let her around my child unmedicated........ecspecially if you say she has been abusive and violent

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

faithfulmomof1
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM

As of right now I have kept contact very very limited. Sadly to say i had to block her on myspace after mulitple crazy hate filled rants through messages.

Only way i contact her i through talking to my father and i randomly send her picture messages of jude through the cell.

Domestic Violence,Rape, Childhood Sexual abuse, Multiple sclerosis, Epilepsy, Stroke on my right side, Bi-polor, Anorexia, Child loss, I have survived this and more at only 22 years of age. Yet I still smile everyday, Do you? PM me if you ever need or want to talk.

sophistcatdfury
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM

YAY UR PROFILE IS BACK!!! i was thinking about you yesterday.

cut the bitch off. this isn't the first time you've complained about her. see if her sorry ass crawls back to you.

faithfulmomof1
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM

thats my biggest thing, that she is unmedicated i never have left her alone with jude. But i keep feeling guilty for my father who hasnt done anything wrong not seeing his grandson

Quoting wells75904:

I wouldnt let her around my child unmedicated........ecspecially if you say she has been abusive and violent

faithfulmomof1
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Quoting sophistcatdfury:

cut the bitch off. this isn't the first time you've complained about her. see if her sorry ass crawls back to you.

I know the said I "requested my account deleted" which i didnt. But they fixed it.

I know i know It just she my mom... its the guilt factor.

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM

just cuz you cut your mom out, doesnt mean that you gotta cut your dad out right? i mean, you could invite your dad over, or go over to where he is when your mom is gone.. or even if she isnt gone, just keep the visit short and keep the answers to her short (ex: how do you like being a mom? good... what are you doing this weekend? stuff. etc).

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I don't know it's hard to say.  I am trying to put myself in your position with my mom but it's still hard because she's not like that.  I don't think I would be able to cut ties with her.  I would not leave her alone and I would probably limit the amount of contact that she has with my child.  Good Luck with whatever you decide.

sophistcatdfury
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Quoting faithfulmomof1:

Quoting sophistcatdfury:

I know the said I "requested my account deleted" which i didnt. But they fixed it.

I know i know It just she my mom... its the guilt factor.

you'll feel guiltier if she hurts your baby in one of her rages that is directed at you

faithfulmomof1
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM

this makes me feel less bad about the idea of cutting her of seeing how i am not the only one seeing it as an option

faithfulmomof1
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM

this is what i have been doing... maybe i will just stick to this.

Quoting Shy_Dia:

just cuz you cut your mom out, doesnt mean that you gotta cut your dad out right? i mean, you could invite your dad over, or go over to where he is when your mom is gone.. or even if she isnt gone, just keep the visit short and keep the answers to her short (ex: how do you like being a mom? good... what are you doing this weekend? stuff. etc).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)