Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who gets stockings?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Who gets stockings?

Options:

Just Kids

Everyone

No one

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

I have heard a few people say that they do stockings for the parents too.  We always just had stockings for us kids when I was growing up, so I was curious do you have stockings for everyone or just kids?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennylynn86
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM

My mom always had a stocking, it was just never filled with anything. When we were old enough to understand that mom wasn't getting any gifts in her stocking, we kids filled her stocking. It wasn't a surprise for her, obviously, but she loved it.

ZoeCY
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Aww that was sweet of you!

Quoting Jennylynn86:

My mom always had a stocking, it was just never filled with anything. When we were old enough to understand that mom wasn't getting any gifts in her stocking, we kids filled her stocking. It wasn't a surprise for her, obviously, but she loved it.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Growing up, only my brother and I had stockings.  But in hubby's family, everyone did.  So we adopted that.  It's fun to check the stockings before opening gifts!

Jennylynn86
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Mom always went without to give us great Christmases... It was just something to give back.  There were alot of Christmases where she only had one gift....sometimes none. I only hope I can be even half the woman she is and has been...

Quoting ZoeCY:

Aww that was sweet of you!

Quoting Jennylynn86:

01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Growing up. mom and dad shared a huge one. At my MIL's everyone, even the dog has one. At our house. Dh and I also have one.

jenn75
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:09 PM

We do stockings for the kids. My parents do stockingd for everyone including me & hub.

Jennifer          

CountryBreed
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:11 PM

We do stockings for everyone.  As kids we would have Christmas Eve dinner, (We never did dinner Christmas Day, that way mom could relax and we could enjoy our gifts)  After dinner, we would watch A Christmas Story or another Christmas movie, we'd open one gift (which was always new PJS which we'd wear to bed that night) and our stockings which held things like underwear, socks, slippers, basic toiletries. My mom would buy for my dad and vice verse. It always worked out great and though we KNEW what was in the stockings they were things we needed and appreciated.

youngmamma11

Last year i still got a stocking when we did Christmas at my parents house. My fiances mother does one for my daughter, my fiance and one for me... So i get TWO stockings at Christmas... and so does my daughter. My fiance just gets one.. :) 

K.a.C.87

everyone, and we get them on December 5th :) :)

I am a 21 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

visit our family

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

bookwriter4kids
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM

even the dog and cat...they are family as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)