Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Men! I'm ready to sell my DH

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm ready to sell both DH and DS. I'd ban all video games but it's our bread 'n' butter. So we put a limit in place.

Our DS will be turning 12 in a few weeks. And we've hit that lovely pre-teen additude full force. For those with teens you know what I'm talking about. And for those that don't it the "I don't need a shower because I don't stink", the "What a douch" and the "Bite me" stage in life. Grrrrr!

DH said DS can't have a birthday party because of his behavior. But I disagree big time. I'd rather give him a small party and 1 gift. After all you only turn 12 once. Verses giving him a gift that will make him disappear for a week. DH has never been great when it comes to spending time with DS. But it's only because they have different interests. The only one they share is for pc games and video games.

So I told DH no more games. We need to tone them down and cut them back. DH informed me last night that DS shouldn't have been aloud to have a birthday party because of the way things have been going. So I asked DH what did we get DS for his gift. That was when I found out he bought Halo 2. WTF?! Another dang war type computer game? Especially after the long talk we had about no more new games. No more war games and that DS had gotten his birthday gift. Especially no more war games for a pre-teen with anger issues.

We already have a hard time getting DS off his computer before 10pm. I found out DS has been caught falling asleep in class. And DH knows this. And yet he still goes and gets this game. Again WTF?!

I had DS's computer completely rebuilt for his birthday. That was not cheap! DS was told that his custom re-built computer was his birthday gift.

I'm so ticked at DH. I'm so damn mad DH isn't going to get anything for his birthday tomorrow. Not even a friggen Happy Birthday out of me. He can make his own damn birthday dinner.

Now I have to put more parent controls on. AND change the "boss" account password. Grrrrr!

typing groom   teen boy

Group Owner of: NoDak Moms & SewWhat. Admin for: East-side Gossip & Washington State Mommies.    Yahoo IM: TyphoonTurtle  (Add your CM nick to request)

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Sorry it sounds like your DS acts the way he does because he is allowed to.

If you have such a problem with him staying on the comp all night, take the thing out of his room.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I've been considering selling mine as well!  My SO has been at work playing FarmVille all day, he's called me 5 times wanting me to call about houses/apartments to rent.  I finally told him I dont have time to deal with it today and if he wants to know more about them he should call the number listed, NOT ME!  Then he started e-mailing them to me, grrrrr!

My two year old is potty training (and has been doing really well), he spent the weekend with his dad and came back a holy terror.  He didnt want to get dressed this morning so he ran from me and slammed his bedroom door shut and told me to leave him alone.  When I opened his door to talk about how we talk to mommy he hit me and screamed in my face.  He was spanked and sent to timeout (to keep me from strangling him).  When I went in to let him out of time out he proudly says "I peed in my timeout chair cause I dont want to sit there".  Grrrrrr!!!!  Then I went outside to put his carseat back in the car and he is standing on the balcony (still in his underwear) screaming for the world to hear that his mommy left him home alone.  I may or may not pick him up from daycare this afternoon.  Luckily dads weekend only comes around once a month!

Support "team Kayden" in a walk for the cure!

teal ribbon                                          toddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)