Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it people find it necessary to park their shopping cart right in front of the milk coolers in the store as they talk on the phone?!?!? GRR

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok, i know that this is just a lame vent.  but, last night i went grocery shopping and I went to get in a milk cooler that a lady was blocking.  DD was with me and i said excuse me twice, and the lady didn't acknowledge me.  i finally just moved her shopping cart and got what i needed.  SO came up with DS and could tell i was a little irritated and asked what was wrong, and i told him.  She was still on the phone but was listening to our conversation and told me that i could have said excuse me, which i told her that i did twice.  She proceeds to tell the person on the other line that she is gonna kick my ass in the middle of the grocery store!!!  SO laughed and said that he doubted it, cuz he knows that i have a temper and i was really trying to keep it cool.  i just told her that that would be real classy to start a fight in front of kids.  as we continued our shopping she told me that i was lucky that i had my kids with.  SO was getting pissed at this point cuz we have been through a lot and you don't talk to us like that, we are all we have.  he just told her that she was the lucky one and walked away. 

but why?  why must people be inconsiderate of others (driving, shopping, wherever it may be) and act like they are the only person living on this overpopulated earth??

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jadegirl1819
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:31 PM

That irritates the heck out of me, too.  I always have people leave their carts in the middle of the aisle and block traffic.  Are they stupid or what?  Fortunately I haven't had anyone threaten me because I would probably be arrested. LOL.  I'm about 6 ft tall and not a light weight and have a VERY short fuse... =)

KT9105
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM

so true - then they just take up the entire milk display just staring in bewilderment because they're too stupid to remember which color label they buy.

abenirichelle
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM

well, i am glad that i'm not the only one with this problem then.  sometimes i feel like i am the one with the problem.  problem with me is that i don't tolerated inconsiderate people, but i don't want my daughter to pick up on my negative side either.  with my daughter around, i would rather walk away.  but, on the other hand, i don't want my daughter raised to be walked on either.  and there are plenty of people out there ready to do that too.

justgg
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:47 PM

i think the lanes should be bigger cause all i ever see is that one just one lady keeping her cart right were you can not get thru and damn it as you thought you lost her she is right where i need to go!!!!!

Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM

My favorite is when 4 or 5 people are standing smack in the middle of an aisle talking, and refuse to move after saying "excuse me." I've been known to get aggravated and just bust through them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)