Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dog needs some beano!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

No one toldme that Boston terriers are so gassy! My dog is laying here on his bed by the computer and he keeps farting It smells so bad I'm about to kick him out for the rest of the day if you see a dog like this run as fast as you can before it steals your heart and then launches a sneak attack on your nose.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ktwister
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:35 PM

My Great Dane can clear a room with his stinky farts.

Plain yogurt helps with gassy dogs. Add some to his food.

Also I have given him Mylicon Drops for excess gas, of course check with your vet but mine gave the okay since Danes and excess gas can cause bloat.

mitch576
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM

actually honey, they aren't. we have one.. one of those and a golden retriever.

when animals fart excessively, it's a sign that they are intolerant of the food being fed to them. switch to another brand.. puppy chow.   we recently had this issue with a new kitten we got a few months back. holy cow that cat could clear a room!

i was feeding her an all ages food... once we switched specifically to kitten chow the farting stopped.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

LCWAmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Quoting mitch576:

when animals fart excessively, it's a sign that they are intolerant of the food being fed to them. switch to another brand.. puppy chow.   we recently had this issue with a new kitten we got a few months back. holy cow that cat could clear a room!

i was feeding her an all ages food... once we switched specifically to kitten chow the farting stopped.

YEAH i DON'T THINK IT'S THE FOOD i FEED HIM i THINK IT'S EVERYTHING ELSE HE EATS HIS LIKE A LIVING VACUUM CLEANER (HUBBIE ALWAYS TELLS ME SEE I TOLD YOU i'D GET YOU AN AUTOMATIC VACUUM) AND i HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD AND A 20 MONTH OLD IF FOOD HITS THE FLOOR HE'S THERE TO SUCK IT UP BEFORE I CAN THINK

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Some dogs are prone to be gassy more then others but most of the time it has more to do with their diet. If they are on a cheap diet or the diet has poor quality ingrediants it will cause them to be gassy.  Which food does he eat? Check out this site.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

mitch576
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:22 PM

ahhh... there's your answer! lol  one of my cats ate one of those "chameleon" tongue toys..  you know the one's with the little hand on the end, it's sticky and you can pick paper up off the floor with it? yeah..

i was nine months pregnant when she came scooting by on her ass! i thought she had worms. i lifted her tail to see this "thing" hanging from her butt. thinking it was a worm, i took a paper towel and tried to "removed" it.

funny thing about cats? when you laugh at them, they actually become insulted!  because once we pulled it out...and saw that there was a purple hand on the end of the "worm"  we all lost it and the cat hid for about two days after! lol

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting mitch576:

YEAH i DON'T THINK IT'S THE FOOD i FEED HIM i THINK IT'S EVERYTHING ELSE HE EATS HIS LIKE A LIVING VACUUM CLEANER (HUBBIE ALWAYS TELLS ME SEE I TOLD YOU i'D GET YOU AN AUTOMATIC VACUUM) AND i HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD AND A 20 MONTH OLD IF FOOD HITS THE FLOOR HE'S THERE TO SUCK IT UP BEFORE I CAN THINK

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

LCWAmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM

my cats did that with a rubber band hubbie saw something hanging out of the cats butt one morning so he grabbed it with a paper towle and the cat ran off hubbie said it streached really far then snapped back EEEWW

Quoting mitch576:

ahhh... there's your answer! lol  one of my cats ate one of those "chameleon" tongue toys..  you know the one's with the little hand on the end, it's sticky and you can pick paper up off the floor with it? yeah..

i was nine months pregnant when she came scooting by on her ass! i thought she had worms. i lifted her tail to see this "thing" hanging from her butt. thinking it was a worm, i took a paper towel and tried to "removed" it.

funny thing about cats? when you laugh at them, they actually become insulted!  because once we pulled it out...and saw that there was a purple hand on the end of the "worm"  we all lost it and the cat hid for about two days after! lol

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting mitch576:

flipper_28
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM

hahah, sorry just had to laugh....when my dog farts, she'll turn and look at her butt like "did that come from me?" lol...then she moves to avoid the smell..

some people are like slinky's ---- not really good for anything....but make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM

awwww hims just got the nervous bellies...

we always say that about our male GSD who as mustard gas in his ass.

We either say he was nervous or he ate a hot dog LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)