Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sorry her but i got a ?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

How fast can H1N1 hit you?

My husband took my SD back to her moms last night at 6 and she was showing absoulutely no symptoms at all. And supposedly her mom had to take her to the ER after she got home and she was diagnosed with H1N1.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Monica84
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM

anyone.

happy2gether5
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM

so what time was she diagnosed?

KellyOh72
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM

IDK

AmelieH
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM

i don't know.  when I had it last week, I gradually felt worse, same with my son when he had it.  listless came first, and that lasted a good day to a day and a half, and then the fever hit.  From what I understand, though, some people are hit hard and fast, and no two cases of this are typically alike.  I take it you doubt the mom?

stefvan
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Very quickly.  My dd was perfectly fine all day, then that evening her throat was hurting.  The next day we were in the dr because I thought it was strep and she was wheezing.  It was H1N1.

Everyone I personally know said it came out of nowhere! 

Monica84
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:08 PM

yes i tend to doubt her mom because she freaks out over a runny nose and is always thinking something is wrong when its all in her head.

But my second question is it more of a stomach or a respritory thing.

outofmymind26
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I know a few who had it and it does come on pretty quick.

Outofmymind26

stefvan
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Quoting Monica84:

yes i tend to doubt her mom because she freaks out over a runny nose and is always thinking something is wrong when its all in her head.

But my second question is it more of a stomach or a respritory thing.

My kids both had diarhhea, fever and sore throat.  My dd wheezed because she has asthma.

Willowjade
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM

H1N1 causes respiratory issues.  People don't die from H1N1 they die from the pnemonia that sets in once H1N1 depletes your respiratory system and your immune system.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)