Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grocery Lists

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

Another post got me thinking about groceries, what's on your grocery (can include cleaning supplies) lists? Can be whatever, this is also your ideal/regular grocery lists (not like special for special occasions thanksgiving or christmas). Also what's one of your favorite recipes?

Tide (love tide, i'm allergic to like..everything else lol), Cascade, Dawn, Spaghetti Sauce (usually Hunts or Prego), Milk (usually 2%, SO likes soy, but i can't have soy), Corn, Peas, Onions, Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Tuna, Hamburger meat (the 80/20 5lb rolls), Bread (I like the soft Sunbread), Ketchup, Turkey, Sugar, sirloin, margarine, miracle whip, pickle relish, Paper Towels, TP, trash bags, Doritos, Cheerios/Toasted Oats, potatoes, noodles (spaghetti and lasagna), cheese, macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, canned pears, chicken, grapes.

Will probably think of other things to add later.

I'm a picky eater, plus i have allergies, and am insulin resistant, any suggestions for more foods? I'm (foodwise) allergic to cherries, strawberries, and peaches (and air lol).

My favorite dish is lasagna, though i don't get to make it much.

note: this is NOT a bash post at all, just a curiousity everyone has different food tastes and different dietary needs/situations, the first bash, i will delete.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
smarshy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM

We usually gettt

Pop

Coffee and filters

Frozen pizza for DH when I work

Spaghetti

Prego sauce

Garlic bread

Rotini noodles

Penne noodles

Tomato and basil sauce

Alfredo sauce

Moz Cheese

Fruits, veggies, salads.

MILK

Bread

Sandwhich meats

Chicken breasts

Potatoes

Cheeses

momma2-3boys
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I only grocery shop 2 times a month so my list is quite lenghty.

I buy whatever is on my menu plan for the 2 weeks, paper products, dog food, pet food, cleaning supplies, diapers (if needed)...

Really just the normal stuff I guess

ETA: MY favorite dish is Grilled Chicken with a boursin sauce, side of sauteed green beans, and stuffed mushrooms (now I do not have that often but its my favorite)

Aniyunwiya
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Quoting momma2-3boys:

I only grocery shop 2 times a month so my list is quite lenghty.

I buy whatever is on my menu plan for the 2 weeks, paper products, dog food, pet food, cleaning supplies, diapers (if needed)...

Really just the normal stuff I guess

ETA: MY favorite dish is Grilled Chicken with a boursin sauce, side of sauteed green beans, and stuffed mushrooms (now I do not have that often but its my favorite)

That's something I need to do, is make a menu plan every week, as I never know what to make from day to day, whats on your menu?

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM

We make a dinner list a month in advance.  We go shopping every Monday morning and get the items needed for that weeks' dinners plus cereal, milk, drinks, snacks for our girls after school, lunch stuff for my hubby and I that week and whatever household essentials we need.

kyco363
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I don't have a grocery list - I buy what I feel like. I always load up on absurd amounts of veggies and fruits - then I just make sure that I always have the staples in my kitchen so that I can cook from scratch. For the most part I don't allow processed foods in my house like chips and soda and such. My momma always told me to shop by the rainbow, make sure you have fruits and veggies that are yellow, red, orange, green, blue and purple.

* I do however, eat junk food now and then. I still let my family have a break from healthy food!

serioussifL
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM

assorted fresh fruits and veggies (depends on the season and whats on sale), bag of potatoes, some yellow onions, green peppers, assorted frozen veggies, whole wheat bread, whole wheat tortillas, fat free sour cream, quick oats, brown rice, couple cans of red beans, eggs, OJ, diapers, Snacks for the wee one- yogurt melts, Lil crunchies, graham crackers, canned fruits and veggies, cat food/litter, sponges, TP/paper towels...... and usually Im getting some other various household item like a picture frame, or kitchen utensil.

I shop on the 1st and 15th every month (payday!!) and my favorite meal is burritos!!! I usually have a breakfast burrito with the eggs, potatoes, onions, and peppers in the morning, and a dinner burrito with either beans and rice or potatoes, onions and peppers in the afternoon.

I am a breastfeeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

wildwiccan83
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

i'm on a very tight budget so i shop the sales and plan my meals around them

This week mars had a great sale so i got

Pork chops 1.49lb , frozen veg .89, yogurt 10 for 5, motts apple sauce 4 for 5, meetballs 2for 6

and i went to Aldi (local generic GS) for- milk 2.19, butter 1.99, bread .79, cereal 1.98, spagetti os .69, cheese 2for 4, GBeef 1.99 lb

I biy the family packs of meet and then seperate and freeze. I wont have to buy GB or PC for about a month or more.

Favorite recipie

CP- Pork w/ sourkraut = 3-4 PC, 2 cans saur kraut with juice, 2tsp peppercorns, 2tsp brown sugar 4 hours high

CP chilli= 1lb GB, 3 cans kidney beans, 1 pack chilli seasoning, 1 8ou can tomatoe sauce, 1/2 green pepper chopped, 1 onion chopped 4 hours high or 8 low

mom2four1978
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Assorted fresh fruit

Assorted fresh veggies

fish

meat

grapes

bananas

lettuce

grape tomatoes

tomatoes

potatoes

homestyle tortillas

Flax seed

Dh's cereal

date pieces

oatmeal (the big can)

flour

sugar

yeast

milk

butter

yogurt

cottage cheese

cheddar cheese slices

eggs

dried beans

dried peas

rice

vinegar

tide

kitty litter

cat food

viva paper towel

cottonelle toilet paper

nighttime pull ups

and then various things dependant on my menu for the week

jackjack2.png picture by devilsadvocate1488

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)