Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone having a visit from Ida?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm in New Orleans and I was actually hoping it would come right for us and then downgrade when it hit....I didn't want to come to work today :( 

On a lighter note, I've enjoyed watching the maintenance guy out my office window.  He has a blower and he is trying to blow the leaves off the courtyard.  Poor guy, I bet he LOVES his boss today, hee hee!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mirandas_mom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM

No but it is windy as all getout here.. (south Florida)

Hayliesmom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:01 PM

LOL!!!

I'm in Mobile.  I had to go get dog food earlier and saw people buying like 20 loaves of bread each.  I almost made a post about it, because why in the world do you need that much bread, unless we're going to be out of power for days/weeks.  I'm glad its downgraded.  The school kids around here are probably happy.  All of the schools were either closed or closed early.  So far its just been a lot of cold sprinkles and some wind where I live. 

On a side note.. I really hope the electricity doesn't go out at all.  I can't live without tv, internet, lights, etc.

Kays_Mama06
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I'm in Central Florida and its been super windy here all day. It just started getting kinda gloomy like its going to rain. I wish it does. I love rainy weather.  

marshsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Bread???  Hmmmm, maybe I need to re-evaluate my Hurricane Preparedness list.  I never bought bread before a storm! Even without power, it seems like the bread would ruin before you could it it all.  Maybe they make bread pudding during Hurricanes? LOL

Wind and cold sprinkles is all we've gotten as well.  I'm still thinking that there's time for it to turn a little and maybe I'll be off work tomorrow?

Quoting Hayliesmom:

LOL!!!

I'm in Mobile.  I had to go get dog food earlier and saw people buying like 20 loaves of bread each.  I almost made a post about it, because why in the world do you need that much bread, unless we're going to be out of power for days/weeks.  I'm glad its downgraded.  The school kids around here are probably happy.  All of the schools were either closed or closed early.  So far its just been a lot of cold sprinkles and some wind where I live. 

On a side note.. I really hope the electricity doesn't go out at all.  I can't live without tv, internet, lights, etc.

CRTBabyGurl
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I live in Fort Walton Beach, FL which is about an hour east of Pensacola and so far all we have is rain and a little wind but nothing major.  My hubby is in the Air Force and got the call yesterday that they were evacuating all the planes just in case but he says they do that all the time cause it is very serious to them. 

MysticRealms
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Houston?Galveston area isn't getting it either - just wind and -thankfully- some cooler weather.  I'd like to get some more rain though - I love the rain.

ErikaM27
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM

i'm in katy by houston and its just really cloudy and rains every once in a while

MysticRealms
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Sigh - I miss that area.

Quoting CRTBabyGurl:

I live in Fort Walton Beach, FL which is about an hour east of Pensacola and so far all we have is rain and a little wind but nothing major.  My hubby is in the Air Force and got the call yesterday that they were evacuating all the planes just in case but he says they do that all the time cause it is very serious to them. 

marshsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM

We've got rain in NO!  It's light but it is rain.  Thankfully, now that poor maintenance guy doesn't have to blow leaves endlessly anymore, LOL!

MysticRealms
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Yeah, that's where I'm at - cyfair

Quoting ErikaM27:

i'm in katy by houston and its just really cloudy and rains every once in a while

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)